Soul 2018

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moeraw

I am welling to buy 2018 soul with 70,000 km

And was wondering who manufactures soul 2018 30kwh batteries? Is it LG Chem? Or SK?
And what chemistry the cathode is made of?!
Is reliable as the ioniq ev??

How long does the battery lasts above 70% capacity ? 5 or 10 years!!
The Weather here is beyond 40C in summer! Does it affect the degradation of the battery and is the forced air cooling enough for such temps?

Thanks

I have a 2018 30 kWh with about 72,000 km, and my battery is about 102%, by my method of calculation, and seems to be holding that value. Our summers are not usually as hot as 40 degC, apart from the odd fluke day. I hope that helps.

IanL said:
I have a 2018 30 kWh with about 72,000 km, and my battery is about 102%, by my method of calculation, and seems to be holding that value. Our summers are not usually as hot as 40 degC, apart from the odd fluke day. I hope that helps.

Hey lanL, thanks for the information, but how is it 102% ? I did not get it !!
I mean was it higher? and how os the range did it decreased

The SOH relates the current capacity in kWh to the nominal capacity (30 kWh in this case). So 102% is (30x102/100) = 30.6 kWh. 110% is 33 kWh.

You can't actually read the SOH above 100% using SoulSpy, as the data is not available at the OBD connector - it just states 100%. KIA may be able to read over 100% with their diagnostic equipment. It is possible to keep records of mileage, %age charge and miles/kWh displayed. The data is not sufficiently granular for spot calculations, but averaged over (say) five sets of records, probably reasonably accurate.

Back