Inspection lists

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kim

Hello everyone.

I have recently bought a Kia Soul EV 2016. It is now out of warranty and I'm planning to to most of the maintenence for myself. Workshop will check under the vehicle.

I have downloaded the workshop manual, but i'm missing the inspection list (what to do at the different intervals/kms)

Anyone have these lists available?

I believe there's a gearbox fluid change at 75K miles. and coolant at 120K mi. for the rest it's all inspect for leaks and damage, wear and tear. Cabin filter every 10K :shock: and that's about it. I'd suggest the Soulspy app and Konnwei KW902 ELM327 OBD2 dongle and you can read SOH and general thing that can help you understand your car condition. The app allowed me to understand I needed a new Battery. 2016 were susceptible and you should have yours checked. If in USA 10yr 100K and 70% or better SOH state of health.

kim said:
Hello everyone.

I have recently bought a Kia Soul EV 2016. It is now out of warranty and I'm planning to to most of the maintenence for myself. Workshop will check under the vehicle.

I have downloaded the workshop manual, but i'm missing the inspection list (what to do at the different intervals/kms)

Anyone have these lists available?

I've done the following on my 2016 at approx. 175K kms:
- Fresh brakes front and rear.
- New tie rods
- Tires
- new Gear box (off warranty, ouch, bought the part online and had a local transmission shop install it for literally 10x cheaper than KIA wanted).

Also had the battery "refreshed" a couple years ago by KIA under warranty. I believe they replaced some or all of the cells individually vs. the entire pack, probably because I was 5K km away from being off warranty.

Car drives like new now, range could be better, and A/C has a leak that if I'm going to fix will be done by myself. Hoping new o-rings will do it.

I like the car, but the KIA dealers are absolutely terrible. Quote outrageous prices for work, etc.

For that reason I would never buy a new KIA EV, as nice as they are.

Thanks for the reply. «New» battery installed 6 months ago so think that would be good, soh at 110… the coolant was changed on last service, but will have to check the gearbox fluid then.

edit: So I found the scheduled maintence list at this website https://www.manualslib.com/manual/895107/Kia-Soul-Ev-2015.html?page=272#manual if anyone else is interested

Back