Canadian availability of the Soul EV

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
titanium - sweet ... that was always my preferred colour, but it was not available in Canada for the 2015 model. Even in the US, it was listed as only available for the Lux / Plus model. Good that they are adding it for the 2016!

irfca said:
From what I could tell, while I was waiting, it is 100% Kia Corp that is at fault ... the local dealerships and even Kia Canada seem to be kept in the dark as to availability and what is happening - I'm guessing Kia has never had to deal with an order backlog and demand exceeding supply (at least in some parts of the world) ... and in general are doing a pretty poor job of handling it.

I will say, it is worth the wait - I've been extremely happy with mine and am racking up the km's at an average of 3000+ km/month ... I'm driving 3x what I used to at a fraction of the cost. I'm still undecided if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
That's true, not sure why I put unlimited KMs/year for the lease. I think you are over 10000KM already at the time of writing.

For the people still waiting for the delivery, I'll say hold-on, it's definitely worth waiting.

julie416 said:
Still waiting... Just passed the 8 month mark.

Over the phone, Meadowvale said they would switch the order to a 2016 to be received in August... I am still waiting for that in writing.
It will worth the wait, since 2016 is going to be a huge update towards 2015, good for you!

julie416 said:
I just received an email from the dealer... No 2016 white luxury coming anytime soon BUT I was offered a 2016 titanium instead! With the sunroof! It is slated to arrive at the dealer late July. Looking forward to finally getting this car!
Wow, Congrats! 2016 luxury Titanium and Sunroof!

It is moving in Quebec, most of dealers will receive 5 or more of Soul EV luxury. I will be taking possession of mine around July 22. Almost all color will be ship, and the brand new Titanium with sunroof will be from the batch. So hurry to get mine !!

Any additional news on the GTA availability of the soul ev? Will everyone on the waiting list be automatically changed to the 2016 soul EV or will kia still keep producing the 2015s?
Any idea if the base 2016 EV-e model will be available in Canada?

Callinggg said:
Any additional news on the GTA availability of the soul ev? Will everyone on the waiting list be automatically changed to the 2016 soul EV or will kia still keep producing the 2015s?
Any idea if the base 2016 EV-e model will be available in Canada?

I would contact the dealership - I was waiting for my 2015 since November. My dealer assured me I would flip to a 2016... and now I am getting it at the end of the month :)

Was waiting since November 2015. Took delivery of our Soul EV LX on Monday.
Only 2016 models are arriving now.
Worth the wait. Hang in there!

JimGord said:
Was waiting since November 2015.
I think you mean 2014, otherwise can I borrow your time machine? :)

Congrats on the car, I've been waiting since April this year so good to see people getting their vehicles at last, hopefully means mine is on the way soon!

I got the Titanium with sunroof! I absolutely love it.

Now to figure out how to change the temperature to Celsius? Any idea?

It is done through the two settings switches on the steering to the right of the Steering comfort level switch
Press the menu/select switch through "Settings/Use Settings/etc" to get to the temperature units in F or C.

Picked up my soul ev luxury today after more than 9 months wait.
Fully charged at work, 70 kms trip back to home mostly at highway speed (100-110km/h on 407 ETR), ECO and B mode with AC on. 67% charge remaining, very impressed.

EVEREVE said:
Picked up my soul ev luxury today after more than 9 months wait.
Fully charged at work, 70 kms trip back to home mostly at highway speed (100-110km/h on 407 ETR), ECO and B mode with AC on. 67% charge remaining, very impressed.

Congrats! Did you get a 2016? What color?

Have any Canadian owners been able to negotiate the sticker price with their dealer? I've been asking mine and they say that "due to the high demand (waiting lists) for the EV, head office (Kia Canada) are NOT allowing any drop in the price of the vehicle".

Does this statement sound familiar to anyone? Or is it just my dealer playing hardball/greedy?

Thanks.

I've got an even longer wait story.

I dropped into a Winnipeg Kia dealership today and asked when they'd be getting a Soul EV. The salesman just laughed and said, "Never, in our climate! Not an electric!" I pointed out the window at our 2013 LEAF, and said, "But they work just fine." He then backpeddled and said, "Well, Kia only picked a few dealers,and the closest one is Edmonton." I grinned and asked sarcastically, "Because the Edmonton winters are so much warmer than Winnipeg's?" (They are about the same, for those not familiar). He then backpeddled some more and said, "Well, we'd only ever sell 1 or 2 a year and it would cost us too much money to buy the special equipment and train our staff."

So there you have it, the Soul EV will "never" be available in Winnipeg. For sure not with an attitude like that.

If alternatives like the Leaf are available without a waiting list, I'm curious to know what it is in particular that draws you to the Soul EV enough to wait for months for one?

Back