Welcome to the Kia Soul EV Forum

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulevEX

Hi, and welcome to the Kia Soul EV forum! Thanks for visiting, and we hope you've found some useful information here.

If you're interested in buying a Soul EV, or if you just want to learn more, register for the Kia Soul EV forum - it only takes a minute.

Be sure to let us know where you're from, and what you think of Kia's first electric vehicle for North America!

Hi everyone on the Kia Soul EV Forum!

I just signed up because I am very seriously considering the Soul EV. I currently have a 2011 Kia Soul and my wife and I love it. So, depending on price, we may be ordering one of these electric vehicles!

Oh, and I forgot to say we are in the San Francisco Bay area, which is in California - one of the confirmed target launch areas for the Soul EV - yessss :lol:

Hi! I'm member #14! :lol:

Sorry, I'm used to the LEAF forum, where I'm member #14,288, or so.

My lease is up in November, and the Soul EV looks pretty good, if they sell in here in MA.
(Admin, no location identifier in profile in this forum?)

We've sat in the gas version, and it seems nice, higher up than the LEAF, and we like the heating system plans.

MA is rolling out a $2500 EV rebate this summer. If they sell it here, I'll definately consider it. I wouldn't bring it in from another state, if they can't service it here, that's a deal breaker.

Hi Guys

I introduce my self as new member.
I live in France (20KM east from PARIS)
Last saturday my wife and I have signed for a 3 years lease for a SOUL EV ULTIMATE (EU full option) black and top red.
We should get it end december or early january.
This soul will be mostly for my wife who is doing less than 5000KM per year.
I have tested t it at Paris motorshow and we were very enthousiast with it.
I have some files about this car that i will try to upload.

Regards to all.

Is there anybody out there in Canada who has tried to purchase a KIA Soul EV? I ordered one about 8 months ago and the dealership keeps telling me that none are available.

Hello JWR

There is a lot of people on waiting list in the 4 dealers here in province of Québec, Canada. Everybody want the EV+. The base model dont have the ChadeMo.

Soul EV arrive unit by unit but i think Kia Ste-foy in Quebec city got 4 Base arriving soon. http://www.kiastefoy.com/

Sorry for my english, i'am a french Canadian

What other EVs are are available in your area? Do they all have waiting lists for delivery?

Here in Atlanta (USA) there are many, many Nissan Leafs, some Teslas and growing number of BMW i3s on the roads. Ford Focus Electric and Kia Soul EVs are rare. 'California compliance cars' are not sold here, so we are unable to buy the Chevrolet Spark EV, Honda Fit EV, Fiat 500e, VW e-Golf or Mercedes B-Class Electric Drive.

PS -- St-Sauveur is so beautiful!

Merci beaucoup and thank you! All EVs here are very rare and it's quite a job to get one. I'll keep looking...!

Tractioninc

Whe are in the same situation here in Québec except for the Spark EV. It's now avaliable.

For the Honda Fit EV, Honda have stop the production for ever.

The waiting list is for Kia only. I dont have any idea of when i receive my Soul EV, the dealer dont know and Kia Canada dont know. Bad services.

Hi: New to board. I'm considering a Kia EV, slipping out of my Leaf lease soon. So, lease now or wait for 2016? Me thinks wait! I'm in San Diego. Cheers! Bobsfreekia

jwr said:
Is there anybody out there in Canada who has tried to purchase a KIA Soul EV? I ordered one about 8 months ago and the dealership keeps telling me that none are available.

Ordered ours in April 2015 in from Richmond Hill Kia and chose the Luxury edition. Finially picked it up the end of July. Loving it!!!

I just got my 2016 Soul EV in Blue & White roof top - its awesome!

Love everything about the car and its a real joy to drive it.
In the same time, its FUNCTIONAL - when I need to carry some gear to work, I flat the back seats down and it works like a small SUV!

The only small feature I miss from my past car is the built-in garage door remote, not available in the Soul EV ?
HINT, HINT Kia ... build it in the 2017!!! :)

1st full charge range shows 113 miles... cool.

Michael Raveh
Technologist
www.mirinfotech.com

Just leased a '16 Kia Soul base model, in Titanium Gray. It really drives well and feels like a much bigger car. I've been driving a '12 Nissan Leaf for over 3 years, and the Soul feels like a big improvement, even over the '16 Leaf models. The higher-end Leaf SL and SV models have a slightly bigger battery and a little more range than the Soul, and they are more aerodynamic and therefore a little more efficient. Heck, a cardboard box is probably more aerodynamic than a Soul!

Hello all!

Brand-new Soul EV Luxury owner here in Vancouver, BC! We got our car two days ago, and so far, we're loving it! It's electric blue with the white roof. (I thought the black and red one looked too A-Team!)

We chose the Soul over the Leaf mainly because it has more back-seat room, and our son is not quite 13 yet and he's already 5'9". My favourite feature so far is how the side mirrors open up when I walk up to the car - it reminds me of a dog that's happy to see me!

Back