Canadian availability of the Soul EV

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salamay

I notice on Kia's Canadian site that the Soul EV is listed as 'coming soon'.

Further digging finds the Soul EV info page has a section labelled 'government incentives' and lists Quebec and Ontario.

My questions:
1. Is the Soul electric only going to be available in Ontario and Quebec?
2. When can the Soul EV be expected to arrive in Canada?

Hopefully someone on the forum knows something, or can point me to an online source for more details?

The Soul EV will be available trought 11 "Kia Platine" dealers in Canada. Quebec, Ontario and BC only. 50-60 cars are coming to Canada and Kia already have a waiting list of about 200 customers. The first cars are at the Vancouver port and distribution is starting this week. If you are not already on the list I'm afraid you will have to wait for the 2016 model.

Guy said:
The Soul EV will be available trought 11 "Kia Platine" dealers in Canada. Quebec, Ontario and BC only. 50-60 cars are coming to Canada and Kia already have a waiting list of about 200 customers. The first cars are at the Vancouver port and distribution is starting this week. If you are not already on the list I'm afraid you will have to wait for the 2016 model.

What is the source of this info? My dealer in Edmonton claims that they will be getting some. They even have stock numbers for two on their web site.

Mike

Mikeh said:
Guy said:

What is the source of this info? My dealer in Edmonton claims that they will be getting some. They even have stock numbers for two on their web site.

Mike

I've read it many places on the Net. Here's one:

http://driving.ca/kia/soul/reviews/road-test/car-review-2015-kia-soul-ev

Guy said:
Mikeh said:
Guy said:

Mike

I've read it many places on the Net. Here's one:

http://driving.ca/kia/soul/reviews/road-test/car-review-2015-kia-soul-ev

It looks like you are correct. After reading your post, I contacted my dealer, who has recently found out about the 11 dealer restriction for the initial roll-out. I guess I'll have to wait. Sigh. Well, at least my EV conversion is still going strong.

Mike

I ordered my Soul EV+ from Toronto Kia earlier this week. In talking with the sales guy, they have an allocation of 2 vehicles for 2014, but are hoping as they sell them, their allocation will increase. They have 1 person (well, 2 now!) with pre-orders. They received a Soul EV on Thursday, and are working on getting it ready for test drives early next week (Oct 20/14). As for availability, the blue & white and white & blue models are available immediately (although they cannot leave dealer lots until the official launch Oct 27). The Black/Red just started production and is expected in Canada in 4 - 6 weeks (mid / late Nov) ... and of course I wanted the Black/Red one, so I'll have to wait - but hopefully I am at or near the top of the list for the first of them in Canada!

It is interesting that in the US, they show 2 solid coloured EV+ colours - more or less white, and Titanium Grey. Personally, I would have preferred the Titanium Grey, but Kia is not making it available here. They also list a number of options for the Soul EV in the US - some of which are standard on the Canadian EV+, like auto-dimming mirror.

I ordered mine (blue and white) from Meadowvale Kia, great car and great dealership!
Anybody has updates on ETA? Being told the wait could be up to 4 months.

Ordering was a bit involved. I first tried to order in September only to find out that dealer was not to be handling the ev. My order was transfered to Toronto Kia October 22/14. The car is the stnd caribbean blue with white roof. We are supposed to pick it up this pm. Hurrah

Even after all the reseach I did, I did not realize the Kia Canada included a Bosch EVSE along with the car. I had already purchased an Eaton unit.

BBurdett said:
Even after all the reseach I did, I did not realize the Kia Canada included a Bosch EVSE along with the car. I had already purchased an Eaton unit.

Interesting! Greg @ Toronto Kia kept talking about getting the Bosch guy to come install a charger - I didn't realize it was included! Thank goodness I returned the one I ordered from Costco last week when it became apparent I wasn't likely to receive my EV+ in December.

Did you get one of the two press & government tour cars, or was this the one they had ordered back in October, and it has only now come in?

I put a deposit on the Soul EV last week from Kia West in Coquitlam, BC.
Expected delivery being end of June, so about 3 months.
Hopefully I get the black/red LX.

Has anyone who was waiting actually got their Soul EVs?

We have been waiting for over 4 months (ordered in November 2014)
Only 180 Soul EVs sold in US in 1Q 2015. Where are the Canadian Soul EVs?

What would Carlos Ghosn do?

Should we just give up?

Kia Soul EV production capacity is perhaps 500 vehicles per month (1/3) of the shared line
121 Sold in South Korea
60 sold in US
10 sold in Canada
say another 60 in Europe
Total say 250 out of 500

Kia is expanding EV Soul into in 5 other States in the US market
There is an inventory of unsold Kia Souls at US dealers

Yet delivery wait times in Canada are reported as 6 months and counting

What is wrong with this picture?

I ordered in October, prior to the availability date for Canada, and received it in early March ... but yes, the wait times are significant right now ... I don't think Kia really understands what they've build and who they are attracting as customers (mostly new-to-Kia customers).

Yes - it was worth the wait. There is a bit of a mind shift in moving from the unlimited range of an ICE car to the EV ... I liken it to a shift from abundance to adequacy ... and once made, the range anxiety goes away ... it is very much like always driving on that last 1/4 of the tank :eek: ... and you do get use to it!

So far the car has always had enough juice to get me to were I need to go, with only occasional charging away from home on more ambitious outings. The limited number of public chargers in the Greater Toronto Area, and in particular, north of the GTA, where I live, and do most of my driving (Markham - Newmarket - Uxbridge triangle) requires I plan with a bit more care - I'm at least 20km+ from any charging station other than my own.

Back