Why do I have to turn charging on now?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

604hockeydad

I've had a 2021 EV since July, and have installed a level 2 charger at my home. I've noticed that often when I plug the car in, the Charging light next to the plug says Charging Off and I have to go into the EVO app and select Start Charge to get it to start charging. I'm not 100% sure but I didn't have to always do that. Any suggestions on what might be going on here?
Thanks

Has the "Charging Times" function been enabled? This is a feature that will delay the start of charging until a pre-set time (maybe when Electrical Rates are lower, like after Midnight). If this feature is enabled, you have to over-ride it when charging outside of the programmed "start" time. On my 2015 there is a button next to the charge port release button that does this. It looks like a clock face with a power cord and it says "OFF".

Hi, I don't have Charging Time set up but I do have a schedule set to warm up car before I use it. I've just disabled it to see if that fixes the issue. If that fixes it, perhaps i'll enable the charging time and just set it for always on. thanks for the tip!

Back