In a 'Treat Others As You Want To Be Treated' world.......

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffMedb

In a 'Treat Others As You Want To Be Treated' world, in a world where ethics, morals, and just doing the right thing is cherished and practiced..THIS....

KIA of Portland

TO: Buff Medb Neretin
Owner of 2016 KIA SOUL EV

February 2nd, 2024

Hi Buff,

I have been wanting to write to you for a while now, too much I want to say so I am sending this on as a preliminary, introductory, apology and to let you know that we here at KIA of Portland want to buy back your car for your full purchase price.

I really had no idea about the pitfalls and drawbacks of EV's especially the older, first gen models. Inspired by your writings about them, experienced first hand, I have been following up and see that...well, I see that KofP should never ever have sold you this car, given what you clearly stated were your needs in this new-to-you vehicle, gleaned from 4-plus-hour conversation with SalesPerson Ray, Finance Manager Jacob, Zach, Nate, any one of the numerous sales people involved

The other day someone in my community mentioned putting yourself, or any of those you care about, into someone else's shoes. I thought about you, my beloved Elders, friends, family....I it really struck me that this is not the way I would want anyone I cared about to be treated.

Again, there is a much longer 'document' to follow: I am thinking very seriously about every bit of our interactions – including my saying that you were 'ignorant', and using the 'EPA says we can do this' excuse re advertised and on-site verbally confirmed range – and want to really lay it out step by step.

Til that time.....I will be in touch with you early next week, to arrange for someone to come and get the car, with a check for buyback in hand. Please have the Title paperwork ready.

Thank you for this opportunity: KIA of Portland stepping away from the stereotypical 'stealership' characterization is so welcome.

A toast to rebuilding trust!!!!!

Have a lovely weekend.

Ken C, GM
KIA of Portland

Back