is it possible to get stiffer steering than Sport mode?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysoulev

I find the steering too light even in Sport mode, i certainly like a stiffer steering feel.
i wonder if it is possible to get a stiffer steering by some sort of software update or can the dealer do something about it?

There is one easy way.... pull the connector off the steering assist motor! :)

I've thought about it... I'm sure it would light up the dash though.

it's a new car with new tires ?

rolling resistant at zero point will increase ... i have noticied that on highway.
i make, now, less correction on trajectory.

you can demand at the tire fitter to modify the camber/geometry of the front tires (only choice) if you want ... or perhaps, the geometry is already bad ? :cool:

Are you sure you really want the steering stiffer i.e. you want more of a workout when turning the steering wheel? Or is it that you are actually looking for some steering feel i.e. feedback of what the front tyres are doing through the steering wheel?

From what I've seen in reviews of the ICE Soul, people complain about the lack of steering feel there as well. The EV tyres are going to make things worse as well. I don't know of any easy fixes for improving steering feel. I just gave up and set mine on "comfort" for less effort given that it doesn't seem to make any difference in the actual feel.

just over 1 year.

really, if different tires will make a difference, now i look forward to getting normal tires when they wear out.

the Comfort mode is like driving a Cadillac, absolutely way way way too light.
it's nice to have power assist at low speed, but the steering is too light at highway speed, Sport mode should be like its name, stiffer like a sport car, IMO.

Back