Replacing the Motor in French Cars.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JejuSoul

Staff member
This is an issue I have only seen on the French forum or the Norwegian forum where they specifically state the car has been imported from France.

1/ French MY2017 Soul EV (3000km) - [panne clé orange] moteur à remplacer

First breakdown this morning!
Suddenly rolling the ignition key is not detected ... This results in the appearance of the light and stops the engine and all the audience (brakes and steering wheel), it's pretty scary :shock:
I tried to make a start / stop, the car went back but the phenomenon was repeated a few kilometres away. In short, the soul has finished on the tow truck, diagnostic and ongoing repairs at the dealership ...
Some news from the workshop. It seems that the failure had nothing to do with the key! In fact the problem is related to a failure of a speed sensor and the key of light illuminated by edge effect ...
After...
The sensor in question is located in the electric motor and can be detailed. Repair requires the engine of change for sensor calibration related reasons can be done only in factory

2/ Norwegian Soul EV imported from France (1700km) - Error message and full stop - someone who has experienced the same ?!

First post here on the forum and unfortunately negative nature:
Three weeks old 2016 Soul, taking scarce 1600km. Today happened something strange, it clicked suddenly disconnected motor brake and accelerated, came with a short message "Check electric vehicle system" and then came three warning lights on: TPMS, battery and EV warning triangle (see photo, text forecast cut from the web when it quickly disappeared). Beating off and ran quietly home, but managed to elicit this again right outside the house. Someone who has experienced similar and have any idea, or simply book an appointment with a dealer?
I've checked the "standard" battery, it shows 12.6 V.
Update: same problem today, put it down from a dealer, I'll take it from there tomorrow morning. Bummer.
The workshop believes it is wrong on the engine, they have known had they on 3-4 cars earlier. Getting it finally confirmed a few days, the motor must be replaced, we are without a car a 2-6 weeks depending. So it was a bit harsh ....
Won the car back in the day, preliminary works all like being on care. Ended up switching engine, it is known a shaft which may have tolerances inside the engine, then replace the entire engine. Was said that this had had on some cars in France, and our Soul is actually taken from France ... Bad luck where that is.

----------------------------------------

Also have a look at this page - Check EV System light came on briefly

-

Back