Bosch charger rebates? (Ontario, Canada)

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slobodanc

I just ordered the 30A charger from Bosch, but I am confused about different rebates.
On the cost estimate there is a $595 incentive from Kia, I just learned that I was supposed to get some sort of coupon from dealer, but I didn't get it.
Anybody knows how that works?

The ontario rebate program has this list:
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/charging-incentive-program.shtml

It has Keba (Bosch) charger models that are rebranded Bosch. However I picked the 30A simpler/smaller model. I don't see its model number EL-51253 on the list. The list has EL-51207 and EL-51208

Also on my cost estimate it states:
"Canadian Kia Power Max 30/18"

So once again rebranded Bosch charger? Can I still get Ontario rebate for it?

This is very confusing. Any information would be helpful.

thanks

I don't know about the Ontario rebate, but the voucher you were supposed to get from Kia was worth $595 towards your purchase, so you got the benefit of it anyway. That's the price of the 16A model.

Well the dealer is not even aware of it and there is no mention of the voucher in my purchase.
Seems to be some sort of confusion at my dealer.

Anyway I found out which charger is recognized by Ontario:

SPX Power Xpress
Wallmount
EL-50600-A

It is under "SPX" but actually Bosch acquired them and it can be found here:
http://www.pluginnow.com/ca/content/power-xpress™-wall-mount

I was told it is far more robust unit, more durable, etc.

I specifically asked my dealer if a coupon or code was required and they said I just needed to call Bosch and provide the VIN ... was that your experience ?

I have a question in to Bosch but no response yet.

Looks like only that one model would be on the MTO rebate list I guess.

Well the sales rep at Bosch keeps telling me that I need the voucher.
He even sent me a sample image. He never mentioned the VIN.
I am waiting for Bosch and Kia dealer to sort it out.

Regarding the models, hardwired PowerMax 30A is about $700 but not on the MTO list.
The more expensive model using NEMA outlet is around $1,300 but it is on the MTO list.
Considering installation max $500 and unit price max $500 rebates, that would reduce about $1,000 from the total cost when buying the more expensive one. So in the end it should be lower total cost.

I prefer using NEMA outlet as it will be easier to replace charger in the future. Don't need an electrician to come and switch wires when I need to replace charger.

Has anybody in Ontario used this offer?

I wonder if you can claim the full price of the EVSE and get 50% on that? The reason is the installation is capped at $500 as well, so getting the extra rebate would help reduce the install cost.

I spoke to Bosch and they said I would be responsible for the tax and $70 shipping. The coupon entitles you to $595 for the 16amp model. So if you opt for the 30amp model you would just pay the difference.

My dealer didn't give me a coupon either but when Bosch asked me about they didn't sound like it would be a big deal since all they need is your VIN. But I happened to be back at the dealer to get some paperwork for the EV rebate I mentioned to them and the lady pulled out a stack of coupons and game me one.

Back