ralyon

Texas Soul EV owners

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Hailing from Houston although there are no dealerships here. I had to get mine from Austin and I see San Antonio also has them local.

Lithim

Re: Texas Soul EV owners

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:20 pm

Greetings electronauts,

Houston does sell Soul EV's at Community Kia in Baytown (just east of Houston). The last time I looked at their website they had four vehicles. Two base models and two EV plus models.
They are all 2015 models.
Stay charged my friends.
2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev
Model ES, with DCQC
Silver
Previously leased, now owned.

ralyon

Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:58 am

Aw man, that sucks. I drove all the way out to Austin because the Kia website and one of the 2 local dealers I talked to said that was the closest. The other dealer said they only had them in California and NY. They even have the blue one I would have rather gotten than the grey one I ended up with.

technick

Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Sorry about the mix up on getting correct information about Houston EV dealers. I think I remember you from a while back. I believe you visited my dealer to get your EV its state inspection. If so, I am one of the two EV certified technicians at that dealer. If it wasn't you, then know that there are two EV dealers in the Houston area, Community and DeMontrond. Congrats on your new ride. Feel free to drop in or shoot me a PM here if you have any technical questions.

ralyon

Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:19 pm

That was me, not sure you would get to many people crazy enough to drive 3 hours to get a car. ;) You guys at DeMontrond Kia, Huyndia and VW have been great to work with. I had gotten a used VW Beetle TDI manual from the Huyndia dealership 8 years ago and had brought it to the VW dealer a few times for maintenance (I did most of it myself). Wish you could teach the guys over at Buick how to treat customers though. After getting ignored a few years back we ended up buying our Enclave at B&M. Now it's a pain to take it there for maintenance.

Also, I hope you guys get a DC charger soon as I do drive by on occasion. I called last week to check when the power was out and they said you still only have the L2 chargers. Had to drive all the way up to the HEB on Rayford as the one at Walgreens on Cypresswood is currently broken.

According to the Houston Electric Auto Assoc. I'm the first one to register a Soul in Houston. You guys ever want to check anything out, I'd be happy to stop by.

technick

Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Too funny! You spoke to Chad and he called out back to the shop to ask me about our charging stations. Chad is a good guy. Yes we only have L2 AC chargers at the moment. I honestly can't say if we will be getting any L3 DC chargers in the future. If the EV demand is high enough we may be able to push for it as we already have 480v level service for the buildings.

Too bad we can't just use the tesla superchargers across the street!

I saw you message. Give me a minute to pull up the schedule in KGIS and I will let you know if there is anything more to expect.

ralyon

Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Yeah, the problem with being a pioneer, by the time everyone else catches up, things tend to get changed up a little bit.

Definitely let me know if you get any EVs in. Most of the people I show really like the car (especially since I have the fun 'n' sun). If I know you have them, I'll make sure to point them your way.

ralyon

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:46 am

So I finally saw another Soul EV owner in Houston. It was a Blue/White at Fairbanks and Beltway. I honked and waved, but don't think I got his attention. Hope to see him here soon!

FtWorthKat

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:40 pm

After reading about my EV options, I decided the Soul EV was worth driving down to Round Rock to purchase. I felt it would probably be the easiest for my English Mastiffs to climb into the back, like they did before with my old Jeep Liberty. Leaving the dealership shortly after midnight, I slept in it for my first charge at a free charger at a children's hospital in Temple. It took most of the next day to get it back to Fort Worth, stopping at level 2 chargers along the way. I don't think there are too many Soul EVs up here in DFW, because several times I've stopped at Nissan dealerships to charge and even though they allow non-Nissans to charge, employees keep trying to chase me away from the chargers before they realize my Soul is also an EV.

Just a few days after purchasing it I got a flat and my local Kia dealer's service tech told me he hadn't seen one before mine....cueing the realization that I just leased a car that could end up needing warranty service that nobody local is qualified to perform. Facepalm! Not the most comforting thought...

mtmelton

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 am

I am currently in the market for one as well and can only seem to find them in the Austin area as well. They seem hard to find around baytown/houston area.

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”