autoEV

winter tires SoulEV 2019

Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:16 am

I want to get some winter tires for my SoulEV 2019. I am on the West Coast, so need good tires mainly for black ice but also heavy snow and slush. I am suspecting that it is better to have the tires put on rims made to withstand corrosion from salt, and would like hub caps to prevent grit and such entering the wheel assembly. Just don't know which way to go. Kal Tire recommended Nokkia Hakk R3 with black steel rims for about $1467 all included except hub caps unless they can fit my current caps on the new tires. My dealership is quoting me the package they recommend for about $1800. Would I be making a mistake by going with Kal Tire's recommendation? Thanks.

Berthogendoorn

Re: winter tires SoulEV 2019

Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:33 pm

I have installed Michelin Cross-Climate 3 peaks all weather tires, 90% better, quieter and more efficient than the stock tires. So far heavy rain downpours the tires sheaded water very effectively and great traction, will keep everyone posted on the first snows, but fella in UK tested them to the Swiss Alps, drove from the UK and they were a hit!

Return to “News and Main Soul EV Forum Discussions”