New colour on the European web site - Black with red!

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillR

Wow! I was just looking at the European web site and when I scrolled down to the
360 degree viewer, instead of the silver and white combination that used to be there they have black with red! It looks great!
I hope they bring that to Canada.

Here's the link:

http://www.kia.com/eu/campaigns-and-redirects/soul-ev/

Nothing definite yet.

I've read an article which states that the Soul EV will only be available in Quebec, Ontario, and British Columbia sometime this fall.

They will also only be available through the "Premium" dealerships which also sell the new K900.

There will only be 100 EV's allotted to Canada in the first year.

I'll have to go and have a talk with a local dealership and see what can be done about getting a car here, as I'm 2500 Km from either Ontario or British Columbia.

As for the new colour option, my wife and I had always been kind of cool on the white with blue an blue with white and were so so on the silver with white, but we both immediately liked the black with red.

I dropped into the local "Premium" dealership and talked with a sales rep that I'd spoken to previously about the Soul EV.

He said that he has been following the EV model for me, and that they are scheduled to be arriving on the west coast (Vancouver) around the end of August. I mentioned that they would only be available in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal, but he said that if they are in Canada he can order one shipped to Winnipeg.

I hope this is true and not 'sales speak'.

So far the black with red colour combination only shows up on the European website.

They had a regular Soul in the showroom with a dark blue with white roof and accents colour scheme, so it seems that two tone colour options are not restricted to only the EV model.

Bill

Yes the Black with Red roof is coming to Canada. My local dealer showed me the letter from Kia. There are 11 dealers in Canada who can sell the Soul EV. Kia Ste-Foy in Quebec City is one of them and I put down my name for one there. Sales manager took down my coordinates and driver's licence number and sent that to Kia Canadian headquarters to get the allocation. No money down, no obligation.

Well.....it's been three days since I went to talk to the dealership about "reserving" a Soul EV.
The sales manager said that he would look into it and get back to me right away.

I turns out not to be a problem since in the mean time my wife and I took a gas powered Soul out for a drive. I don't mean to offend anyone that likes the way the Soul rides and handles, but both of us were not impressed. It feels a bit harsh, bouncy, and top heavy compared to our Civic Hybrid, so we're not comparing it to something expensive or luxurious.

I prefer my vehicles to be relaxing to drive, so I'm afraid that the Soul is off my list. :(

Sorry to hear that!

I wonder if the Soul EV will handle/ride any differently? It's definitely heavier with the battery pack, but I don't know if or what changes Kia made to the suspension...

The center of gravity will be much lower with the batteries in the floor. All reports say the Soul EV handles better than the gasoline model. It's no Tesla however.

Any good guesses if this black and red will have the same light Grey interior as the white and blue? Surely the two colors will clash? This car with a dark interior would win me over I'm pretty sure.

I do not know but agree this car would need a black interior with red stitching on the seats.

BillR said:
Well.....it's been three days since I went to talk to the dealership about "reserving" a Soul EV.
The sales manager said that he would look into it and get back to me right away.

I turns out not to be a problem since in the mean time my wife and I took a gas powered Soul out for a drive. I don't mean to offend anyone that likes the way the Soul rides and handles, but both of us were not impressed. It feels a bit harsh, bouncy, and top heavy compared to our Civic Hybrid, so we're not comparing it to something expensive or luxurious.

I prefer my vehicles to be relaxing to drive, so I'm afraid that the Soul is off my list. :(

That is a tad unfair. Your comparing a car to a small suv. I have a tucson and an accent and they are very different. Driving my tucson to the soul though, the soul is tighter and better balanced. The video test drive I have seen of the Soul EV have stated it actually handles better than the gas with the lower weight.
I have driven a Volt and a Cruze and they are both similar in size, the volt feels like a luxgury car in comparision. So don't give up yet.

Remember the Soul ev will be better balance as there is no large gas motor up front. The electric motor can be lifted by one guy.

http://www.google.ca/url?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D2NfGFfWP2a4&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=myo5VMbSC4apyASWkoL4Ag&ved=0CDYQtwIwCQ&usg=AFQjCNEM0cQMb0HkluXxOSYdC0P7dI7K3A

http://motoringtv.com/video/motoring-tv-2014-episode-19-review-2015-kia-soul-ev/

Hello from france,

The Soul EV I ordered two weeks ago is in Black with Red roof but ... It should arrive to my French KIA dealer only in October ... :?

No idea if seats will be black or same color as the blue and white models ... :(

For now, the interior color is the same light gray for all Soul EVs. Which I think is too bad - I really like the black interior that is available in the gasoline-powered Soul.

I have really enjoyed my Soul so far - I'm sure that you will to!

tumblr_nnut5rlUb21qc8yzvo1_1280.jpg

Back