First Drive Review 9/24/14

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c1987

http://www.slashgear.com/2015-kia-soul-ev-first-drive-a-new-city-car-star-24347741/

Thanks for posting!

Here's a few of the images:
2015-kia-soul-ev-first-drive-sg-4-820x420.jpg

2015-kia-soul-ev-first-drive-sg-28-600x399.jpg

This is the first close-up I've seen of the electric vehicle's wheels - they look a little goofy, but sort of cool at the same time!
2015-kia-soul-ev-first-drive-sg-27-600x399.jpg

2015-kia-soul-ev-first-drive-sg-5-600x399.jpg

As is the case with most electric cars, Kia’s launch plans are conservative. The Soul EV will arrive in California first, followed by Oregon, and then the company plans to look at the east coast and EV hotspots such as metropolitan Atlanta and Austin. Nobody would tell me how many it hopes to sell, or even how many Kia will be making.

Those with longer range demands (and lacking the funds to scratch their itch for a Tesla) should probably look to something like a Prius or Volt, but for the city the Soul EV hits the spot.

Overall they really liked it:
More personality than a Leaf, a cabin that doesn’t feel compromised in either design or equipment, and lashings of usable space all add up to making the 2015 Soul EV my pick of the more affordable all-electric cars.

Good find OP!

this is the first time I've seen a photo of the cloth seats and they look pretty good. At the drive electric event in Huntington they only had a plus model in white+ baby blue accents so I was still in the dark about the base model.

Also the first time I've seen a photo of inferno red/black paint job and wow that looks great! Pity that not only is it a plus only option it's delayed until December.

The white paint job looks pretty good( also the first time I've seen a reviewer photo!); I think some black clear bra around the headlights would give it a stormtrooper appearance haha

Back