Remove rear bumper reflectors

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrickcook

I was wrapping my back bumper in PPF (paint protection film, like a screen protector for your car) and I needed to remove the round reflectors in the rear bumper.

I was able to get to them without removing the bumper, I just pulled back the lining in the wheel well.

Here is what they look like in the car...

HveD1VR.jpg

There are 3 screws in a triangle holding them in.

Here they are by themselves...

qOlWqot.jpg

Nope, I have simple reflectors in the back, and fog lights in the front.

Fog lights are also help in with 3 screws in a triangle, accessible from the wheel well, but I forgot to take pics of them when they were out.

t0cNiXZ.jpg

wrickcook said:
Nope, I have simple reflectors in the back, and fog lights in the front.

Fog lights are also help in with 3 screws in a triangle, accessible from the wheel well, but I forgot to take pics of them when they were out.

t0cNiXZ.jpg

IMHO the rear safety reflectors are a safety feature, not a design feature. Not sure why you would choose to remove them, but to each his own. :)

tiburonh said:
IMHO the rear safety reflectors are a safety feature, not a design feature. Not sure why you would choose to remove them, but to each his own. :)

I was removing them to apply protective film to the bumper, then replaced them after the film was applied.
But I had to remove them to get a clean install.

SoulEV2016 said:
you don't have high visibility lights for fog ? ]
Here in Korea we just get the rear reflectors not the rear fog lights. I would much prefer the lights! It is common practice here to turn on the hazard lights (blinkers) in fog.

Back