Map update Promo code

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tls1

Hi All,

On the website where we buy the map update (v10), there is a place to enter a discount code. Does anyone have a discount code to share?

kia-gpsmap.ca/map-updates/2016-kia-soul-ev-map-update-104s52.html

Click on button "Add to cart" and then you will see it.

Thanks!
Terry

There was a promo code to clear out the v9.5 software but I believe it's expired now.

If you're only purchasing the upgrade for Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, be aware that in the next few months Kia will be releasing a free software update for those that can be downloaded at home and loaded onto an SD card. This update will not include updated maps, however.

If you get your maps through Android Auto, wouldn't that make the built-in maps useless or is there something I'm not understanding? I waiting for the update to fully see how it works so I don't know either way myself.

Well, Android Auto and Apple Carplay will give the user the option to use their phone's respective mapping system as an alternate to the on-board GPS system. The on-board GPS will still be usable.

When you pay the fee to upgrade the maps, you're upgrading the on-board setup.

For me, I intend to use CarPlay for messaging and music functions but I'll probably continue to use the car's GPS. As such, the map updates are of interest to me.

But if a user intends to use AA/CP exclusively and doesn't care about the on-board map updates, then it could make sense to wait for the free download in a few months as opposed to forking out big bucks to get it today.

I actually have a vent mount for my phone and I use the navigation from there over Kia's already. There are several roads and a new highway which are not currently in the Kia (mine is only a few months old) and google does a better job suggesting alternate routes based on traffic imo. Not to mention it is a lot easier to enter an address on my phone and a lot of times I'll enter it into google maps on my PC before I leave and I can just pull it up from history on my phone. I just don't think the built in navigation will ever be able to keep up as my phone has access to so many more resources.

"be aware that in the next few months Kia will be releasing a free software update for those that can be downloaded at home and loaded onto an SD card. This update will not include updated maps, however."

MtnDrew: Very good news! I'm interested in this update and wonder how this will work with the Map SD card already installed. Also, how did you find out about this info (website?) ?

Back