Android Auto disconnects Bluetooth

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edzee3

Supporting Member
I have And.Auto v.2.2.710803. Android has bluetooth and it connects with the Kia.

With the Android not connected by USB cable, UVO Setup screen shows bluetooth ON.

When I plug the Android phone into the Kia Soul (USB cable), the Kia Setup screen shows the Bluetooth disconnected . Net result is that I cannot make a voice call . When I disconnect the Android, the Kia bluetooth is ON.

I request the Android Auto, by voice, to make a call, and it displays "Dialing Failed".

How can I have the Android connected and Kia Bluetooth ON at the same time ?

Thx,
Ed

I forgot to mention that the Kia Customer Assistance person today told me that I could not make a phone call using Bluetooth while my Android phone was connected to the Kia . I can see that the Kia Bluetooth is disconnected with Android plugged in.
In order to make a phone call, she said I would have to unplug my Android phone.
This seems like a very unlikely design.
Finally, I have the following settings in Android Auto App; Auto-Launch (Kia ON), and Use Bluetooth; checked,

Thx,
Ed

Progress:
I checked with Kia Service Assistance , described my problem, and got a suggestion. Suggestion was to delete my mobile from the Kia bluetooth list and start over. but together, we couldn't figure out how to do that on my system.

On my own, I started over with Android-Auto (A-A) connected (USB cable) , and, surprise, I was able to make phone calls with my mobile thru Android-Auto, while connected to Kia (as it should work). So, I no longer have a problem making phone calls while in A-A mode.

I notice a strange combo of Kia B/T indicators. The tiny B/T symbol at the upper-right of the Kia screen stays bright continuously when my mobile B/T is ON. But, looking at the B/T icon on the Kia UVO Setup screen, when my mobile is connected (USB cable) , the icon is greyed-out. Disconnecting the mobile/USB cable then causes the B/T icon to glow (indicating B/T connected ?).

Back