Are Soul EV specs final?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivegotsoul

Hi everyone on the Kia Soul EV forum!

I have found most of the specifications for the 2015 Kia Soul EV, but I am wondering if they are official, or subject to change when the electric vehicle is released?

Here's what I've found:

Electric Motor: 81.1 kW rated at 109 hp, 210 lb-ft of torque
Single-speed transmission
0-60 mph will likely be under 12 seconds
curb weight is 400 pounds more than a gasoline Soul, around 3,150 lbs
5 seats (2 in front, 3 in rear)
61.3 cubic feet of cargo space
estimated 120 mile range (which from what I've seen around the internet, everyone is skeptical of that and expects something more like 90 miles on the EPA test)

Hi welcome to the Soul EV Forum!

No, I wouldn't expect the specs to be final, especially since the production version of the Soul EV hasn't even been unveiled yet. We'll know later this week, at the Chicago Auto Show - I'm willing to bet Kia will be releasing full specifications on the vehicle including charge times and electric range. And, perhaps pricing!? I guess since it's still a year away from being for-sale, too much can change before then to commit to any pricing.

Perhaps Kia will announce if the Soul EV will have DC quick charging, or ChaDEmo?! Or do we already know that?

Kia doesn't specifically mention, but I'd be willing to bet on CHAdeMO.... that seems to be the Asian standard right now!

Some seem to think it will come with the Combo Charger, but they have no evidence to back that up.. especially since no other electric vehicle currently uses CCS.

There have been Kia SOul EV mules seen out in the wild using CHAdeMO charging, so chances are that's what it'll be.

Kia has confirmed today the Soul EV will have CHAdeMO charging, and will quick-charge in under 25 minutes. A level 2 EVSE will take almost 5 hours to charge the 27 kWh battery pack.

Back