Default Climate Control settings

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrickcook

It seems every time I start the car, it sets the climate control to have the AC on, and be blowing the fan pretty hard.
I turn off the AC and bump down the fan speed.
If I go in a store and come back out the AC is back on and fan is almost on high.

I feel it should leave it how I left it, but is there a way to set the default settings?

I do use a climate timer early in the morning, but it should not specify fan speed or AC, and it always seems to consistently set it to the same settings.

It should remember the settings from last time you drove it, that's what mine does and others have posted the same in the past. The only exception is the climate timer sets it to those settings.

Do you have the Uvo app? I wonder if that is resetting the climate settings. I'm in Canada so we don't get Uvo.

I've noticed this same behavior and I find it to be one of the most annoying things about the car. If I turn the climate control completely off before I turn the car off, it won't come on when I restart the car - that behavior seems fine to me. But I often have the defrost blowing on the lowest fan setting when I turn the car off, and when I turn the car back on it blows at the highest setting. I'd like it to come back on with whatever fan speed I had set when I turned the car off. The way it's currently set, I'll often turn the car on and start driving and then realize that the fan is cranking and have to turn it down. I find this to be distracting.

Has anyone had any luck getting the fan to stick at a certain setting between turning the car off and on?

notfred said:
Ah, I don't manually set the fan speed. I just set the temperature and leave it on auto.
I usually do the same so haven't found it to be different than I left it. The fan speed auto adjusts as the cabin temp reaches the set point. It auto-defrosts just fine, too.

I did hear of anoth EV opener that the temperature sensors went bad and the car thought it was something crazy like 90 degrees in the car so turned on th AC each time. Was an easy fix to the dealer and they tested the sensor and could tell it was bad and replaced it.

Possible solution?

Back