Do you bring in your EV for Service?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanbanlo

LOL, I was at a Kia dealership and he suggests me to do a service based on the mileage to keep the warranty.

I don't think a $50 service is really needed for EVs especially when there's no oil change, and tire pressure check should be free anyway. Visual inspection? LOL, my friend at dealership tells me those mean doing nothing for the most part.

What do you think? :roll:

How many miles? The owners manual says that regular maintenance intervals are 6 months or 7,500 miles (12,000 km). Checklist items are easy DIY for home mechanics:

- Rotate tires; inspect tire pressure and tread wear
- Replace climate control air filter
- Inspect air conditioning components and performance
- Inspect cooling system
- Inspect 12V battery condition
- Inspect brake lines, hoses and fluid
- Inspect disk brakes and pads
- Inspect suspension ball joints and mounting bolts
- Inspect steering rack, linkage and bolts
- Inspect drive shafts and boots
- Inspect brake pedal

If you want documentation of your DIY work you can check off the boxes in your service manual, note your car's mileage, then sign and date the page.

In The Netherlands you have to go every year or every 15000km (about 9320 miles) which ever comes first.

There's a "small" and "large" service which are alternated.

They start with the small one and it'ss about 75 euro (currently $85). The next one is a large one for about 140 euro (currently $159) and then a small one again and on and on.

Back