Hot Lease Deal for Kia Soul +

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cerroo said:
Danga12 said:
I leased a white Base KIA EV from Irvine. I traded in a car for 5850 and my payment is around 160. Here's the catch. I drive 20k miles per year, so I will have to buy at the end. Here's another catch. I brought it home and now my wife wants one. She drives a 2008 CRV, but we both hate gas and maintenance. Should I lease another?

If you really plan to purchase at the end of the lease, isn't doing a purchase from the beginning cheaper? Because for lease they have acq fee, disposition fee, etc. If you don't need the full 100 range also try looking into the Leaf or the Focus EV. The Leaf will be on fire sale pretty soon as they announced the 2016 will have 25% bigger battery.

It isn't cheaper if you don't have enough tax obligation to achieve the full $7,500 Federal tax credit. If you lease the car, the leasing company buys the car, takes the credit, then passes it on to the customer as a rebate. In the case of my car it was actually in excess of the Federal credit and I got a $9,100 rebate from Hyundai Finance.

If I were to then finance the remaining balance with my credit union and buy out the lease I'd get the full tax credit instantly and go on my way. If I initially bought the car from the dealer instead of leased, I may or may not get the full credit AND I'd have to wait another seven months to realize it.

If I remember my lease agreement correctly there is no disposition fee if I ultimately purchase the car or take delivery of a new Hyundai/Kia product when my lease matures.

jmarie5000 said:
Hmm, I don't know about not matching.... a local dealer just informed me that they have 6 of the + units alone.... I think it's been far less demand than they planned with the tax credit now ending this month for the state.

Oh no. Tax credit ending, and I'm reading this in June. You mean no more $2500 back from Jerry Brown? Are we losing our HOV stickers too? Thank you.

maopuck said:
Bought a black and red Kia Soul EV at GG Kia last weekend - great deal.
No cash (zero) down/drive-off and $290/month for 36 month lease (12,000/year).
Problem is the GG dealership knows nothing about EVs (they don't even have a CHADEMO or 240 EV charger).
Sent me off with 20 miles of range left on the meter.
They also do not care once you leave the dealership - I went back the next day with a crack in the plastic interior trim that I had not noticed the day before (but my wife noticed immediately) and they argued with me and sent me to three different "managers" before they would agree to fix - really?
They had no idea what the EZ charge card was and offered no way for me to get one - even though it s clearly supposed to come with the car.
The salesman refused to return my calls or texts about either issue.
So - you can get a great deal here right now (they are selling surplus black and reds that were originally over purchased at the Irvine location - same owner) but beware that they are kind of sleazy and the location itself is a mess.

do you think they would do a deal over the phone and drive one down to San Diego? Sound like jerks tho. Did you get the California $2500 rebate? or is that gone? Thank you.

Well the Irvine Dealership should have the exact same deal as GG since they share management and owner. Irvine dealership is only about an hour from some parts of San Diego. Worth a try.

maopuck said:
Well the Irvine Dealership should have the exact same deal as GG since they share management and owner. Irvine dealership is only about an hour from some parts of San Diego. Worth a try.

Thanks!

Finally pulling the trigger and going with Kia of Irvine at $2500 drive off and $211+ tax for 36 months and 12K/year. They have been great to work with, very upfront and clear. :D A far cry from their sister store in Garden Grove. :roll:

Thanks everyone for the great advice and data points on this board. It's helped make the decision!

BDSoCal said:
Finally pulling the trigger and going with Kia of Irvine at $2500 drive off and $211+ tax for 36 months and 12K/year. They have been great to work with, very upfront and clear. :D A far cry from their sister store in Garden Grove. :roll:

Thanks everyone for the great advice and data points on this board. It's helped make the decision!
With this price you won't be disappointed

Back