Is this a good buy? Also, extended warranty question (Canada)

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suttercane

Hey all, new here. I am looking at purchasing a used 2016 soul EV+. I am pretty sure the battery needs replacing, as it is only showing 90km range when fully charged.

I am trying to figure out the warranty status, I believe the main warranty is done, but was told there was an extended warranty until September 2025. Does the extended warranty cover the same issues as the normal warranty? ie, battery.

This would be a second vehicle and I drive about 55km one way to work, and can charge there.

I don't know about the warranty in Canada, but can't a dealership check that for you? At least over here you can call them with the number plate and then they can find in their systems the status of the warranty, if there are still recalls open and so on.

55 km one way should be OK, I think. My one way distance was 88 km and I did that for more than 5 years. Of course, not as cold as Canada, but not in a warm country either.

Yes the dealer was able to check it after some back and forth. Still has some warranty left, so I bought it. I am a little nervous about it, but I pick it up tomorrow!

Back