Jack for a Kia Soul EV

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimGord

The Soul EV does not have a jack but owners may wish to rotate tires or do an occasional full clean of the rims.

The Soul EV jacking points have reinforced edges that would take a slotted jack but care is needed to have a heavy duty enough jack to handle the Soul EVs extra weight (battery pack), so I assume that the standard Soul jack would not be adequate or safe.

Does anyone know of the jack weight rating required and a suitable slotted jack for another vehicle?

At about 3,300 lbs / 1,500 kg, the Soul EV is heavier than the regular Soul but not abnormally heavy -- comparable to a Honda Accord or VW Passat. Since a jack is merely lifting one corner or side and not the entire vehicle weight, standard vehicle jacks should be fine.

I have yet to lift my car for any inspection or service, but when I do I intend to use my 2 ton rolling floor jack fitted with a hockey puck cut to fit the pinch weld, like this one:

dsc050591.jpg

http://www.stiblog.com/modifications/diy/diy-pinch-weld-adapter/

Thanks I like the hockey puck idea.
Other advice that I did get was to get a jack rated for at least 1/2 the car's weight as due to the rigid body, the jack should be capable of lifting at least 1/2 car's weight.
Looks like I will shop for a 2 ton as the most convenient for the Soul EV and the Leaf

Back