KIA HURRY UP AND SELL THESE IN NEW ENGLAND !!!

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

Just in case KIA reads these....

Can you hurry up and sell these in New England /New York area ??!!!
There are a ton of us that would LOVE to have them .

... I know , maybe someday, but Cali is more Important I guess.
And I think it would be too $$$ to get it in Toronto and bring it home

I live in Toronto and actually ordered one...... guess what, more than 3 months of waiting, not a single word from Kia Canada.

EVEREVE said:
I live in Toronto and actually ordered one...... guess what, more than 3 months of waiting, not a single word from Kia Canada.

How long ago did you order it ? I thought they had them in Toronto........... unless you want the black and red one :)

Ordered the blue and white EV luxury in October before the car was officially launched in Canada. Not sure Quebec is getting any....

tigger19687 said:
EVEREVE said:

How long ago did you order it ? I thought they had them in Toronto........... unless you want the black and red one :)

I ordered back in October, before availability, but ordered a Onyx/Red. From what I read, and seems to be confirmed by the Canadian sales, there are 11 dealerships in Canada that sell the Soul EV. Each dealership was given a quota of 2 cars for the availability date, and there were 2 'demo' cars that toured the county. From the stats, it looks like all 24 cars are in the hands of consumers. No additional cars have been sent to Canada ... my sales person had expected more cars in Nov or Dec ... but so far, nothing. According to him, Kia Canada is being very tight lipped about future additional availability of supply in Canada. My sales person expects to see cars in April or so - but he has been wrong before.

To me, it is pretty irking to read about 60 cars on a dealership lot in CA when there are outstanding orders in other markets - seems Kia is favouring market penetration in the US over customers that have already voted with their $$ in other markets - although their production numbers seem to be pretty low still, based on various anecdotal reports on sales and stock level - no where near the 1000+ per month that was implied with their stated sales target of 15,000 of 2015 model.

Well, I hope that Kia doesn't send any Soul EV's to Framingham Mass as it looks liek they will not be wanting to sell them.
This is the last response I got from them today on if they could find out when they would be coming to Mass

"So far there are 170 in the US, all in California. Those that are in transit are also headed for CA. Kia plans to exhibit some "concept" all-electric Souls at large auto shows, like Chicago this week and New York in April. However, there are no plans to sell them in the Northeast at the moment. Our current weather is one reason. How far do you think they could go on a charge when the heater and defroster are going full blast? Especially when you consider that battery voltage drops off with decreasing temperature. My guess is that they will not be available for a long time except in states that mandate their sale.

Best, Tony"

:roll:

tigger19687 said:
How far do you think they could go on a charge when the heater and defroster are going full blast? Especially when you consider that battery voltage drops off with decreasing temperature.

They're offered in a number of countries and areas that are much colder ... Toronto winters can range down into the -20C and lower, and Quebec is often colder. I imagine some of the European countries they are offered in are similarly frigid in the winter.

As for heaters etc. they tout their heat pump, and heated front & rear seats, and cooled front seats ... seems they've done something to try to address that.

I just wanted you to know that that was not my quote, but a quote from the Email from a Kia Dealer here in Mass.

I told him they were in Toronto.

I don't even want to show you what his other return email said. They are OBVIOUSLY NON-EV sales people and I will NOT be going to them

That is just sad ... after I posted that, I realized they are also for sale in Ottawa ... several hundred kilometers further North, and even colder than Toronto ... I suppose that reply is also, in part, an indicator of why they are not for sale in other jurisdictions ... staff training is needed.

RE: the dealers comments below, obviously electric cars lag in the cold...but so do gas. EV Batteries perform poorly, but gas engines suffer from poor mileage, thickening of crank case oil, frozen fuel lines, frozen power steering pumps, excessive idling in extreme cold (-30c or lower), and valve train damage if you don't let the engine warm up. I would chalk up the guys remarks to just one mans poorly thought-out opinion. It's a relatively new mass-marketed technology so I'm sure most people would be of his opinion.

There's 3 Soul EV's on the road in Ottawa now, the rest of us are still on the waiting list. I'd love to hear cold weather feedback from some of the those 3 owners about how the car was over the past two weeks. My place was -28C/-18F (-42C/-43F with the wind) for a couple nights in a row, and average around -22C for a couple weeks.

Back