Kia UK does range test of Soul EV

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchev

Kia UK set up a test of the Soul EV’s range on a single charge. The full range achieved on this test was 125.3 miles, with a conservative estimate of a further nine miles shown on the display; equaling a total range potential of 134.9 miles. A diagnostics report run on the vehicle soon after the test showed the battery still had 13% battery remaining, which equates to 15 miles when calculated against the homologated range of 132, meaning a realistic potential range of 140.3. The likelihood is there were more miles to be had considering the Soul EV’s intelligent regenerative braking system, teamed with available driver controlled functions to extend range – limited use of on-board electronics, air conditioning, driving frugally etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjHbf9zm0-o

Very exciting to see the long range on this test.
However, at the end of the video there's a quick picture of the dash display and it appears to indicate an average mph of 22.
If I'm reading the display correctly that would in my mind be somewhat deceiving of real world driving even with highway and secondary road driving. 22 MPH seems way too low.
What am I missing?

Back