Multimedia system Versions and Updates ?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tls1 said:
Hi all,

I saw the upgrade web site for 239$ USD...lol

But I already contacted my dealer. I told him I want the most current version. But I would like to know what version I am running? It's just more ammo for me in case he cries.

Thanks!
Terry

FYI, $240 is canadian. I think US was $200.
Also note... when you look on your dash, it will not say a number like Ver 10.0
The number the dash displays is one digit older. IOW, when I upgraded to 9.5, the car then said I had Ver 8.5

I installed the v10.0 version today and tried out Android Auto. It worked well. But, then again, so does the stock navigation. I think Android Auto will be more useful when Waze is enabled. Google says this will happen within a few months.

The voice recognition worked great, as Google Now does.

Hi All,

I actually have v9.5. Kia has agreed to a free upgrade to v10 (BTW he lady at Kia consumer was super nice!). Apparently v10 came out this week in Canada.

But I have no clue what the differences are between v9.5 and v10. Is it only the maps? Or is there more?
When I look at the website here kia-gpsmap.ca/map-updates/2016-kia-soul-ev-map-update-104s52.html it talks about:

android auto and apple carplay
birdview and 3d modelling
and a whole bunch of new GPS related features.

Anything new for the radio/computer/etc ?

I have to buy it myself from the website
when it gets delivered I have to email a copy of the receipt to Kia
they will send the money to my dealer
dealer will cut a check.

cheers!
Terry

A5S0BXh.jpg

couple shots of Android Auto

LncO83d.jpg

Hi,

I have an adroid phone...

I like the 3 dimensional map. Can we do that with v9.5 ?

Also the weather... how does that work?

Any way to precondition the car with phone?

Cheers!
Terry

KIA MOTORS AMERICA EXPANDS OFFER OF FREE APPLE CARPLAY® AND ANDROID AUTO™ SOFTWARE UPDATES TO GROWING LINE OF VEHICLES

Soul EV in the US is getting free Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Customers will be notified by the end of July via email to go to myuvo.com for vehicle eligibility and step-by-step instructions on updating their vehicle with the latest downloadable software. All owners of new and pre-owned vehicles must register at myuvo.com to receive email notifications that the software is available for download.

see http://www.kiamedia.com/us/en/media/pressreleases/11562/kia-motors-america-expands-offer-of-free-apple-carplay-and-android-auto-software-updates-to-growing

Back