Range with B-Mode and/or Active Eco Mode?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericonline

Is the average EPA range estimated using standard drive mode and w/o the Active Eco function turned on? Can someone give me some insights as to how much of a range difference using B-Mode and/or Active Eco mode makes? I'm trying to to determine if the average range of 93 miles is sufficient for my needs, and if using B or Eco can extend that range a little on days where I know I'll be driving a lot. I drive mostly city streets, but sometimes make highway trips of 60 miles (30 each way). I live in Houston, so AC will be in use 8 months a year. Thanks.

This reading would be a good place to start... http://insideevs.com/kia-soul-ev-range-autonomy-demonstration-nets-100-miles/
Z

Some of the cali owners probably know a little more about how much the AC drops range, but with using the heater, so far with B all the time and eco most of the time, 60 miles is easily done. Mind you eco and B mode both wouldn't really contribute to any extra range with just highway cruising. They shine in stop and go or hilly terrains. Places where you'll be slowing down more often.

Back