Reserve Climate Control

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipsteel

My Reserve Climate Control simply does not work I have read the boards, but no dice some of the methods I have used like making a small change then saving it and waiting 5 seconds after it has said it saved, then checking the next day only to be disappointed. I have tried with Power on schedule mode, and off still nothing.
It was working fine in September then in the last few weeks it stopped. I'm Ontario our winters are not mild so I'd like to get this sucker working, and I would thank you and my butt would thank you if anyone could help out please?
Seems like a software problem, but for information purposes my Temp ranges +3 to -15 Celsius. Besides I was making the Neighbours Jealous not having to scrape off my windshield in the mornings too.

1) Ensure the light on the bottom right button on the HeadUnit is on when you turn the car off. This means you have heating scheduled.

2) Ensure that if you have a scheduled charge it is actually going to take place. It will fail to pre-heat the car at 7 if you have a charge set for 2 that is only an 80% charge and the car is at 90%.

3) Note that the time you set is when heating finishes, it starts 30 minutes before that.

Start of Scheduled temperature may start 30min when the windshield is added.
But, when the heating don't include the windshield, it can start lately like 15min before the end of scheduled temperature.

exemple :
heating end at 8h00 = start at 7h45 (with -2°C)
heating with windshield end at 8h00 = start at 7h30 (with the same -2°C)

heating start vary, too, with the outside temperature (8°C outside only heat 8 min with a 23°C planned inside temperature).

Hint : when scheduled heating don't work, disable the GPS clock setting and the 24h setting (PM/AM displayed after that and GPS assy use internal clock instead of GPS statellite clock).

I wait the 1 year check to ask for an update of GPS and VCMU firmware to solve this issue ... of scheduled temperature that it's fail somedays.

Ok done didn't work, but I like the details. I will have a chance to upgrade the GPS in the next couple of Days, just a thought here but is there a way to reset the computer to defaults? If so please let me know thank you.

I had problems with mine because my heater was defective, It was working only up to 1.6 kW

Are you sure your heater is working properly? Does it go up to 4-5 kW at the start?
Do you have any heating issues while driving?

Back