"Unable to communicate with vehicle" on UVO app

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiastormtrooper

A couple days ago, I received an error message on the UVO app -- "Unable to communicate with your vehicle. Please try again later" -- so I can no longer check status/location via phone or the UVO website. I contacted Kia, and they claim it is my network connection, which it isn't, since I tried to access the vehicle from several devices and hotspots. I'm going to bring it in for servicing, so I'll update this topic with any info they give me.

Anyone else had this problem? I've done a google search, and found a couple other Kia owners (not EV) with a similar problem, but no fix.

After doing a little more digging online, I found a guy who had a glitchy uvo system -- bluetooth issues -- so he hit the reset button. I was afraid that i'd lose all my settings in the process, but that seemed to do the trick...and nothing was lost. So, it's fixed for now.

I have a scheduled appointment coming up, so i'll bring it up, just in case it's indicative of something more sinister than "typical computer overflow."

That happened to me one time while I left the car at the airport. The whole trip the car was off line.

Once I got back to the car and drove home, it worked again and have had no issues since.

I didn't plug it in correctly to the charger at PDX and I wondered if that was part of my issue.

Back