Water inside reversing camera

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notfred

I washed the car at the weekend, just with a garden hose, and a bucket of water and a mitt, nothing extreme like a pressure wahser. Now the reversing camera seems to have water inside the lens. Anyone seen something similar?

As an aside the Soul EV has really bad aerodynamics for getting the back dirty including the reversing camera! During winter with the salt on the roads I had to keep wiping that reversing camera off if I wanted to use it while reversing.

notfred said:
I washed the car at the weekend, just with a garden hose, and a bucket of water and a mitt, nothing extreme like a pressure wahser. Now the reversing camera seems to have water inside the lens. Anyone seen something similar?

As an aside the Soul EV has really bad aerodynamics for getting the back dirty including the reversing camera! During winter with the salt on the roads I had to keep wiping that reversing camera off if I wanted to use it while reversing.
I have been using pressure washer from time to time, but no problems so far. Can only agree about the dirt collecting back.

Back