Tires on my new Kia suck

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biffidum

I need to replace my tires as they are not safe. I like to drive a bit aggressively, nothing insane, but what I find is that with the added weight of the car there is substantial understeer.

Has anyone changed their summer tires for other Kia rims and what tire combinations have you gone with?

If i have to choose to replace the Nexen N BLUE HD PLUS 205/60 R16 92 H, it's for :

- UNIROYAL RAINEXPERT 3 205/60 R16 92 H <----- Better in RAIN
- DUNLOP SPORT BLURESPONSE 205/60 R16 92 H <------ Better in RAIN and NOISE
- BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE 002 205/60 R16 92 V <-------- Better for SPORT driving (poor in range)

biffidum said:
I need to replace my tires as they are not safe. I like to drive a bit aggressively, nothing insane, but what I find is that with the added weight of the car there is substantial understeer.

Has anyone changed their summer tires for other Kia rims and what tire combinations have you gone with?

Have you tried just increasing the air pressure in the front tires a bit? Sometimes that can be an easy (and cheap) fix for for understeer. :)

Oh no, this trick don't work ... :?

I have try with 2,3-2,4-2,5-2,6 bars and from 22°C to 45°C from TPMS reading sensor.

and they don't love mountain hard driving (the tread fall apart as on the race tracks).

The sole purpose of the stock tires is to reduce rolling resistance. That means no grip, crappy balance, and numb feel.

My goal is to absolutely shred these tires so I can buy new ones.

I haven't looked yet, but I'm hoping a thicker rear sway bar is available.... otherwise I'll have to have one made.

Do you plan to keep the same wheels, or replace those as well? There aren't good performance rubber options in the stock size, so you would need to +0 to a 225/55-16 on the rims you have. I like the BFG and Conti's that are available in that size, but I have no idea how a sticky summer tire would impact the range on these cars. Report back if you try it!

Back