22,222 miles

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iletric

Yep. Passed that magic number.

Love the car. Love the peaceful serene drive.

The only thing that makes it dangerous and I truly resent is the fact I cannot advance my thumb drive music to the next folder (i.e. CD) by a single click. I can do it on the 1DIN Sony in my other gas car. Really bugs me. It is hard to hit those little targets on bumpy roads. And there are way too many to tick to just get to my next folder up. And then I still have to hit the 1st track for it to start playing. It is VERY DISTRACTING and may cause accidents. Seriously.

The second thing is the position of the cruise control. They need to switch it to the 3-button, 4 o'clock location, and relocate those functions to the four-way on the steering. I mean, how often am I going to change the steering tightness? Like never?

Battery is weaker by a few % I believe. I used to do my 40-mile trip with 65% remaining, now it's 62% with a need for conservative speed driving (60-63 mph). The loss is barely noticeable, unless you do the same trip over and can tell the difference.

I couldn't agree more with you regarding the file management with USB and My Music. I can't believe anyone ever thought it would be safe to try and change the folder while driving. That was pretty poor design. I hope it's something they can fix/change with a software update.

22,222 - that's a lot of miles in 1 year.
Good to know the battery is lasting well.
I chatted to a Kia Ray driver who has had his car for 3 years. No battery loss at all - although very very low mileage.
The Ray was Kia's EV before the Soul. It uses similar SK battery.

Regarding the battery loss: The next time you have your Kia Soul EV at the dealership, ask them to check the "min and max battery deterioration" in their magic software. The onboard BMS (Battery Management System) keeps track of all deterioration and the status of all the battery cells (all 192 of them). But the data has to be read by your dealerships software.

Birkeland said:
Regarding the battery loss: The next time you have your Kia Soul EV at the dealership, ask them to check the "min and max battery deterioration"
It's most likely never gonna happen. They're 30 miles away and I have no reason to go there for now. Meaning, there is not an iota wrong with it.

Back