New software or apps?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faffle

I've had this car for about a year and wish i could use more than just the Yelp app that is listed. Have there been any updates to the main software or app that i'm missing? If so where is this done? I've tried updating it myself but the vehicle didn't find anything to upgrade with and i've found nothing online to do it with.

I'm just very disappointed with the limitations of the vehicle software. Does anyone have some tips to make it more user friendly?

http://www.mapnsoft.com/ has the official nav updates for both the US and Canadian Soul EV.

Why are the maps so expensive? Also, for the EV, the charge stations should be connected with the plugshare database and updated over WiFi.

Sidenote : having access to 2 different Soul EV, I compared the content of the SD card of both vehicles. It's the exact same files (binary identical) on both cards. Did someone actually bought the map update? Is something in the update package encoded for a VIN? Would it work to use the SD card after an update to copy the files to another card?

My guess is the SD card can be put into any car, but you cannot just copy the files.

I guess OTA updates to the navi are done over 3G not wifi.
I often see the 3G symbol appear at boot time (checking for updates?)
I have never seen the wifi symbol appear (other than when I manually turn it on)
The navi updates speed camera data, but so far no charger updates.

JejuSoul said:
My guess is the SD card can be put into any car, but you cannot just copy the files.

I guess OTA updates to the navi are done over 3G not wifi.
I often see the 3G symbol appear at boot time (checking for updates?)
I have never seen the wifi symbol appear (other than when I manually turn it on)
The navi updates speed camera data, but so far no charger updates.

Can you post a picture of the 3G and Wifi symbol? Here in Canada, I don't think we have either 3G nor Wifi modules in the car..

Back