New York Times test drives Soul EV - video review

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulev

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvquTuDCBdw

Soul EV packs on an average of 500 pounds, making it one hefty hamster. In corners this mass is felt — generally in a good way — because of a lowered center of gravity.

In the video they say they expect the availability only in California to change in 2015 - The Soul EV seems way more refined than a compliance car - Kia spent a great deal of time on designing everything even the software on the center console. They also put a lot of money and effort into advertising - not something that any other 'compliance' EV company has done. I think Kia is getting ready for a big ramp-up in production and availability!

soulev said:
In the video they say they expect the availability only in California to change in 2015 - The Soul EV seems way more refined than a compliance car - Kia spent a great deal of time on designing everything even the software on the center console. They also put a lot of money and effort into advertising - not something that any other 'compliance' EV company has done. I think Kia is getting ready for a big ramp-up in production and availability!

When I was filling out the Early Buyers' Study survey online, I got the strong feeling that Kia isn't done with the Soul EV, and perhaps other EV efforts.

Avitt said:
soulev said:

When I was filling out the Early Buyers' Study survey online, I got the strong feeling that Kia isn't done with the Soul EV, and perhaps other EV efforts.

What was it in their Study that you filled out makes you say that ? Just curious, wonder if they will offer a 150 mile in Sept for the 2016's

It was the forward looking questions: They didn't just ask how I liked the color choice, but also which other colors I would like to see offered. They didn't just ask about how I like the wheels, but they also asked me to pick from several new designs.

They also asked a lot of questions about preferred range, price levels, etc. But I took these questions to be about other future models.

They may well offer some range improvements for the 2016 models. But I'd expect several smaller changes and options.

Back