Ontario EVCO

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nibularr said:
Some photos were added to a Vaughan location

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/100445

This one is listed on Evco for Kai
But the interesting thing is it was for 2 levels 2s and 1 level 3.... But per the picture you can see 2 level 3 and multi level 2s

Also one of the Tesla users at the Woodstock supercharger took a photo of a Flo level 3 next to the superchargers

And now this Vaughan location has mysteriously disappeared! Even though there were clear photos of L3 chargers...

And the gong show that is L3 charging in this province continues.

the plugshare users were getting annoyed and killed all the EVCO ones,

i noticed they also killed the one in Campbellville market near Milton, i drove by there last week and the construction crew said they were about 3 weeks away from having it up and running.

just thinking out loud here as i checked into ikea etobicoke to see progress. they are putting the rapid charging next to the level 2s right.... i wonder if they have plans of setting up these new spots as time limit spots or will they just mark them "electric vehicle" spots like the 4 others.
would be a pain in the butt to show up there and see ev's sitting there just cause it says electric vehicle allowed

nibularr said:
just thinking out loud here as i checked into ikea etobicoke to see progress. they are putting the rapid charging next to the level 2s right.... i wonder if they have plans of setting up these new spots as time limit spots or will they just mark them "electric vehicle" spots like the 4 others.
would be a pain in the butt to show up there and see ev's sitting there just cause it says electric vehicle allowed

Worse yet... A PHEV like a Porsche or a long range EV like a Tesla ;)

saw this quote from a EVCO installer thats been getting all their projects completed

What happens if the EVCO grant recipients fail to meet the March deadline?

Grant $$$$ received - have to be returned (with interest) to the Province (MTO) as per the agreement executed.

starting to think that KSI should just give the money back now and get someone else involved !

1017 Kia Soul EV now on updated webpage

http://www.kia.ca/soulev?sourceid=hp-dropdown

interesting the base comes with the black rims and the luxury/sunroof models come with the black plastic that some peope have been painting.
only difference i noticed.

the blue/white is the same as europa serie (white plastic plates, black allow rims).
strangly, we don't have the grey rims.

but this 2017 pictures indicate a "brillant" black paint of the rims and the motor (deviation box) cover.

Maybe the $20 fee is better then going through this.. I'm currently waiting at the Nissan chademo while a leaf charges all the way upto 100 percent

It's painful to watch it tick up In percentage points at the same rate as me beside it on level 2.

Thanks for being free Nissan but poopoo to this third world problem

Third world to say the least. But don't worry, Ontario has a climate change action plan, and lots of new carbon taxes.. Err.. Carbon pricing to save the world. You can read the whole plan as your car charges on L2 :)

And who the heck uses L3 to charge to full? Rude.

But on a happier note..

Merry Christmas and here's to hoping for a turning point in 2017.

Hey all,

Well, just 81 days left to the March 31 deadline..

Any bets on where the $20m of tax money went for the 200 plus chademo chargers?

Or... Bets on a miracle in the next two months?

i noticed ksi started installing the ones under the property management they seem to be connected to.

there are a bunch that are built but haven't been put online yet.
the campbellville one the welland one the ones built around london/woodstock

seems they are waiting for a mass roll our or a ceremony or something?

as for the ksi tims / mcdonalds large group of level 3s there must be something up there contract wise or money wise
seems like it is bound to get delayed installs or canceled?

good news for Ontario people in the market for the Soul EV .. among all the other EVS

ONTARIO INCENTIVE NOW AT $14,000 CDN

EVIP Eligible Vehicle and Incentive List: Kia

OEM Model EV Type Model Year Trim Battery Size Seating Capacity Purchase Incentive 1 Year Lease Incentive 2 Year Lease Incentive 3 Year Lease Incentive
Kia Soul EV BEV 2016 EV 27 5 $14,000 $4,667 $9,333 $14,000
Kia Soul EV BEV 2016 Luxury 27 5 $14,000 $4,667 $9,333 $14,000
Kia Soul EV BEV 2016 Luxury with Sunroof 27 5 $14,000 $4,667 $9,333 $14,000
Kia Soul EV BEV 2017 EV 27 5 $14,000 $4,667 $9,333 $14,000
Kia Soul EV BEV 2017 Luxury 27 5 $14,000 $4,667 $9,333 $14,000
Kia Soul EV BEV 2017 Luxury with Sunroof 27 5 $14,000 $4,667 $9,333 $14,000

i noticed the ingersoll L3 showed up on plugshare so i checked the flo app and its $10 per plug in !!!

with the customer relations you get out of KSI i assume they will charge $56.99 :roll:

Lol perhaps.

It is astounding how poorly executed the EVCO rollout is. The situation here is woeful compared to BC. I guess with their 4 million inhabitants for the whole province they have more resources and willpower than 6 million people in the GTA alone!

Is this a prop, or is this a real L3 station?
I don't see any entry for it in Plugshare.... Ikea Etobicoke. Looks like the upper parking garage (which is odd, since their L2 chargers are underground... I've used them and they work fine).

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2016/07/13/ontario-plugs-electric-car-plan-with-expanded-charging-network.html

that is their photo opp one. the L3s will be going in the underground beside the level 2s
they got all the wiring in but have been sitting on that for a while.. probably waiting for the gov to transfer them the money?

i work near the etobicoke one and drive by there every now and then to see if its done

Finally the media is helping us call out KSI or Koben,

http://tvo.org/article/current-affairs/climate-watch/charging-ahead-provincial-plans-to-build-an-electric-vehicle-charging-corridor-are-down-to-the-wire

bad sign if they wont even comment to media, no customer relations what so ever, sounds like we are screwed if they get these up and runnning and a station goes down.....

Great article... Hopefully the heat stays on these people. I really don't get the government strategy on this one.. Hand millions out in advance with no prior history of successful ventures.. One has to wonder who these KSI Koben people know...?

Also, what's with Ikea, a huge multi national corporation, being handed a million dollars to install L3 stations at their handful of stores.. And yet still NOTHING operational to date!
In fact, their L2 stations still get ICED regularly.

This whole thing is a joke. It should have been easy. I don't understand why the Ontario government used sketchy third parties in the first place.. Why not simply mandate large gas stations to install an L3 in key strategic locations as an environmental stipulation to holding their business and environmental operating licenses? I mean, it wouldn't even have to cost the station owners anything.. the gov could still give out grant money upon successful installation of a L3 unit, perhaps as a corporate tax rebate. But for sure money should NOT be handed out in advance of having an operational charging station, ever!

Unless, of course, this rollout was designed to fail; in that case, the program is a fantastic success!

Back