Sale begun in Norway

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onaix

Sales have begun in Norway (europe).
Seeing that Norway is the best electric car country in the world http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_car_use_by_country also selling about 2000 teslas and 2000 leafs each month, i believe that KIA finds norway the most important country in europe, which is why we get the cars before other countries in Europe.
The first cars will arrive in september, but I believe the first ones will come in late august. (or atleast hope)

The colours we can choose from were:
Titanium silver (dark silver) with white roof
Silver (light) with white roof
Blue with white roof
White with blue roof.

Norway often have a higher accessories list than the rest, they only sold the nissan SL in norway to begin with.
We can choose from two ranges: Classic and Exclusive.
Exclusive includes: parking sensors, auto electric side mirrors, heat pump (a must in cold norway), 12v in the trunk, ventilated seats in the front, and 2 heated in the back, leather seats, auto dimming backview mirror. Some more i havent mentioned, such as mood lights in the speakers etc.

The price differs 30'000 NOK ~ 5'000 USD.
The price in norway (we don't have taxes or anything extra on fully electric vehicles) is: 193 900 NOK (32'500 USD) for the classic, and 223 900 NOK (37'500 USD) for the exclusive.

I have the price/accesory list if anyone wants it. Though it is in Norwegian. I couldn't find any way to post the PDF file here, anyone know how? First time on this forum.

I have ordered a titanium silver exclusive one. So I have direct connection to KIA nordic. So if anyone has questions, don't hessitate to ask!

Sorry for the potato-English.

Onaix said:
Sales have begun in Norway (europe).

The first cars will arrive in september, but I believe the first ones will come in late august. (or atleast hope)

The colours we can choose from were:
Titanium silver (dark silver) with white roof
Silver (light) with white roof
Blue with white roof
White with blue roof.
I hope this guy gets to the US soon as well haha.
Hmm us in the US are only getting White with Blue Roof, Blue with White roof and Silver with White roof...weird given all these cars are made in South Korea. Do you have a picture of the dark silver model?

Onaix said:
Norway often have a higher accessories list than the rest, they only sold the nissan SL in norway to begin with.
We can choose from two ranges: Classic and Exclusive.
Exclusive includes: parking sensors, auto electric side mirrors, heat pump (a must in cold norway), 12v in the trunk, ventilated seats in the front, and 2 heated in the back, leather seats, auto dimming backview mirror. Some more i havent mentioned, such as mood lights in the speakers etc.

Ok so that sort of clears that up...the US press release implied that the car would be sold in "Base" and "+" trims with "+" coming standard with the heat pump and leather seats;so it sounds like the US models might have similar equipment as your models. It also implied that the mood light for speakers was available but I didn't see it on the press vehicles brought to the US even though given that they have the leather seats they're the top trim. Do you know if the "Exclusive" trim comes with a premium sound system?(In the US the top trim gas Soul has an "Infinity-branded" sound system with mood lights on speakers,I'm not sure if in Norway the gas soul has the same equipment)

Onaix said:
The price differs 30'000 NOK ~ 5'000 USD.
The price in norway (we don't have taxes or anything extra on fully electric vehicles) is: 193 900 NOK (32'500 USD) for the classic, and 223 900 NOK (37'500 USD) for the exclusive.

The Leaf is 228,600 NOK for the base model correct? Are your prices MSRP(retail prices)?Given Kia's low global sales target I'm kind of surprised how competitive the price is...if the base Soul EV comes to the US at $31-32k USD I suspect Kia will be able to sell way more than 5,000 in the US alone. Then again Sparky and 500e sell around 200ish a month and they cost around that much

Onaix said:
I have the price/accesory list if anyone wants it. Though it is in Norwegian. I couldn't find any way to post the PDF file here, anyone know how? First time on this forum.

I don't see an attach button so you can upload the PDF to dropbox or google drive and post the link?

Onaix said:
I have ordered a titanium silver exclusive one. So I have direct connection to KIA nordic. So if anyone has questions, don't hessitate to ask!

Sorry for the potato-English.

haha your english is better than my Norwegian...

bakedpatato said:
Hmm us in the US are only getting White with Blue Roof, Blue with White roof and Silver with White roof...weird given all these cars are made in South Korea. Do you have a picture of the dark silver model?
I don't have a picture, in the PDF it only says those colors aswell, but I asked Kia Nordic, and they said they could deliver Titanium silver aswell. (but I am prepared to hear that they don't deliver that color after all though)

bakedpatato said:
Do you know if the "Exclusive" trim comes with a premium sound system?(In the US the top trim gas Soul has an "Infinity-branded" sound system with mood lights on speakers,I'm not sure if in Norway the gas soul has the same equipment)
Kia Soul gas is delivered with the infinity speaker on the top trim. But Soul EV will not come with the infinity sound system. (yes - had to cry myself to sleep)

bakedpatato said:
The LEAF is 228,600 NOK for the base model correct? Are your prices MSRP(retail prices)?Given Kia's low global sales target I'm kind of surprised how competitive the price is...if the base Soul EV comes to the US at $31-32k USD I suspect Kia will be able to sell way more than 5,000 in the US alone. Then again Sparky and 500e sell around 200ish a month and they cost around that much
Leaf is 228,600 NOK for the base model. I'm not 100% sure what MSRP means, but yeah it is what the retailers sell the cars for. But in Norway we have 0% taxes and VAT. But I know Nissan sells their Leaf for more in Norway than in for example Netherlands/US. I'm excited to see what KIA will price their electrics in other countries.
Also we dont have the Chevy Spark in Norway! And the 500e isn't sold by retailers, but theres a few imports available.

bakedpatato said:
I don't see an attach button so you can upload the PDF to dropbox or google drive and post the link?
Didn't think about Dropbox! First time making something available for public with it, so hope this works:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jsfam8wo8it222/Soul%20EV.pdf
It is in Norwegian, and its a bit too much for me to translate now, but if several want me to translate, I can when I have the time.

Any more questions? :)

Onaix said:
I don't have a picture, in the PDF it only says those colors aswell, but I asked Kia Nordic, and they said they could deliver Titanium silver aswell. (but I am prepared to hear that they don't deliver that color after all though)
Is the titanium color the car on page 7 of the PDF?
Onaix said:
Kia Soul gas is delivered with the infinity speaker on the top trim. But Soul EV will not come with the infinity sound system. (yes - had to cry myself to sleep)
Noooo! The Infinity system is probably the best in the segment(admittedly a low bar haha). At least the EV's coming with the nav standard...it's a pretty good nav system.

Onaix said:
Leaf is 228,600 NOK for the base model. I'm not 100% sure what MSRP means, but yeah it is what the retailers sell the cars for. But in Norway we have 0% taxes and VAT. But I know Nissan sells their Leaf for more in Norway than in for example Netherlands/US. I'm excited to see what KIA will price their electrics in other countries.
Also we dont have the Chevy Spark in Norway! And the 500e isn't sold by retailers, but theres a few imports available.
Yeah MSRP, manufacturer's suggested retail price . I guess the $40k price in South Korea is to take advantage of the $20k in subsidies. Other websites are saying that they expect Kia to price the car at around $31k USD and given how aggressive Hyundai and Kia Motor Group is about leases I think we here in California might have another viable choice to the Leaf.
and I would be pretty apprehensive about importing a 500e given it's had 2 recalls already in the States and I suspect they didn't really test it in cold weather! but it is a very nice car and it does look very good.

Onaix said:
Any more questions? :)
The PDF says something about 0-100kph speed...so this car goes from 0-100kph in 11.2 seconds? That's a pretty decent speed...bit slower than the Leaf but it sounds ok.
thank you for your information! i am getting kind of hyped about this car haha.

bakedpatato said:
Is the titanium color the car on page 7 of the PDF?
No, if you look at the taillights, thats not the EV, its the normal Kia Soul. I haven't found any pictures of the Titanium Silver one, I'm going to KIA tomorrow morning, I can ask if they have any.

bakedpatato said:
The PDF says something about 0-100kph speed...so this car goes from 0-100kph in 11.2 seconds? That's a pretty decent speed...bit slower than the LEAF but it sounds ok.
thank you for your information! i am getting kind of hyped about this car haha.
Yeah, its not so bad! The leaf got 10.9s, and I believe you won't even notice the 0.3s difference.

Hey Onaix!

One more thing: the US press release says that the car has power driver seats...but every single car i've seen has manual seats. Was that just a typo on Kia USA's part?

bakedpatato said:
Hey Onaix!

One more thing: the US press release says that the car has power driver seats...but every single car i've seen has manual seats. Was that just a typo on Kia USA's part?

I believe the EV only has manual seats, but I have already asked, just waiting for a response now :) The gas soul has a power driver seat..

I find so many things that are included on the gas edition, but they didn't bring on to the EV, wonder why. Annoys me.

Onaix said:
I believe the EV only has manual seats, but I have already asked, just waiting for a response now :) The gas soul has a power driver seat..

I find so many things that are included on the gas edition, but they didn't bring on to the EV, wonder why. Annoys me.
Usually it is to save weight and keep costs down. You really don't need power seats in a car. Most people simply adjust it to suit them and then leave it there practically forever. It only takes about a second to adjust your seat.

Mike

bakedpatato said:
Hey Onaix!

blownb310 said:
Usually it is to save weight and keep costs down. You really don't need power seats in a car. Most people simply adjust it to suit them and then leave it there practically forever. It only takes about a second to adjust your seat.

Mike

Got an answer from Kia Norway. It does not have power seats. Unfortunately.

Back