SF Bay Area Lease deals

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Jmarie5000 - tax is based on your residence - in my case, incorporated Monterey County is now 9.12 - I'll defer to Manny as he has bought from Irvine for hard details on his numbers... but here is what I conjured up from their lease offer (which is for 10k miles/yr btw - a shift down)... and before I forget, Garden Grove is in a price war with Irvine and is offering the same deal but with 12k miles...

As their deal has a 1k incentive for GG Kia, either put down the 1k cash to get to 179 (before tax) or go no down for a payment of about 200-210 (before tax) for 10k miles. This would have a seriously discounted sales price in any scenario. For 12k miles, add about 20/mo. In both scenarios, your total monthly payment would roughly be 225(10k) or 245(12k) including tax. If you register in CA before moving (do that as GA is removing their state credit I believe) you'll get the 2500 from CA.

Have fun
Z

@Zony thanks, I'll either register it at my permanent CA address or where I'll be living for the next several months. One is in San Jose, the other in SF. That is seriously lovely deal, now if we can have more price wars all around up here, that would be brilliant.

FYI Garden Grove and Irvine are the same owners, so there is no price war. I just got mine from garden grove a couple of weeks ago, and they had to do the paperwork through Irvine.

ithrowyoyos said:
FYI Garden Grove and Irvine are the same owners, so there is no price war. I just got mine from garden grove a couple of weeks ago, and they had to do the paperwork through Irvine.

Thanks for the info and very interesting. So far it's been too much talk and no action in the Bay Area... We'll see what transpires.
Z

Just an update... apparently dealerships in the Bay area have a hard time with this new flashy hip thing called email and 3rd grade reading skills... a simple request like...

Soul EV + in Blue or Grey
MSRP
Best sales price (excluding fed tax and Kia incentives)
Lease details for 30 and 36 months @12k miles, including
MF
Residual
Tax for XXXX

...yields several bot mails and answers to some question somewhere... like "when can you come up and drive the car?" - thanks... already did that. Sigh. This is worse than flying.

Z

Carl Leung at Capitol Kia was willing to deal by email. It took several back-and-forths to get the deal that they offered through Truecar ($2713 discount in addition to $9K from the factory. at the time).

Stevens Creek Kia was unwilling to deal by email and said so.

@ DeaneG

+1

Carl is a little slow... two Soul's I wanted got sold - oh well. Stevens Creek is snooty and if I drive up, I'll be carrying my Dogbert bat (you know the own that deals with demons of stupidity?). Dublin has been painfully amateurish... so I'm back looking at Mercedes and BMW - at least they answer questions.

Or am I just cranky at the end of a long day ... maybe that's it...

Z

Back