Soul EV not charging on scheduled reservation

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DenimHead

I just got a Soul EV and tried to set the car up to charge starting at 11pm at night (when the PGE lowest rates begin). However, when I plug it in in the evening anytime before 11pm, it starts charging right away (during the peak PGE time). I tried doing the reservation both on the phone app and in the car. Neither worked.

Has anyone had success with the charging reservation, and is so what did you do?

There's a reservation charging button to the left of the steering wheel that I thought factored into the decision as well, is it depressed on your car?

bfranci said:
There's a reservation charging button to the left of the steering wheel that I thought factored into the decision as well, is it depressed on your car?

I had the same thought as well. That button, if depressed, overrides the reservation and starts charging right away.

I agree with the last two posts. On my Leaf (traded in for the Soul EV+) the timer override was activated by a single press of the override button; that switch was a momentary on when depressed. On the Soul the override switch is either in the On" or "off" position. When pressed it turns on the override and stays in that position until pressed again when it the returns to the "off" position and thus does not override the timer.

From a design standpoint I'm not entirely sure why there needs to be an override button, why can't the timing setup be entirely controlled via the screen?

Good question bfranci - it certainly can. But, in many situations that isn't convenient. I have my timer set to start charging at 12:10am every day (the lowest dost TOU rate for me starts at midnight). However, if during the day I decide to use public charging ; I can initiate charging at the push of the button and not re-program from the screen for one specific charge.

bfranci said:

Thanks guys. The button next to the steering wheel was pressing in causing it to charge right away. When I pushed the button back out, it didn't charge until the scheduled time.

Back