Two questions about the GPS/NAV functio

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesoundsmith

First and most important: how set Home on the unit? I have read the Multimedia book chapters three times and never saw the word.

And second - is there a way to enter an offset to the location? I live at #4, but the GPS calls it #9.Our older GPS units had this issue but neither of our current Garmins miss by more than a few yards. Is it a Google Maps issue?

Thanks, I know it is not a top-of-the-line GPS, but I want it to work as well as it can, the rest of the car is so damn cool...

To set Home when it is not set at all, first press the Navi button and then select the "Home" icon at the bottom left and it will let you program it. Enter the address and then choose the show on map and then move the icon to where the pin is now to get it to your exact home. We have a similar numbering offset on our street. The maps are not Google Maps, I believe the headunit is an LGE system running Windows, not sure who they use for their mapping provider.

Once you have Home saved it will beep every time you drive past, which gets annoying very quickly! To edit this, from the Navi screen select Address Book, then Favourites, then the Edit next to the Home entry and turn off the Notification option. Remember to save it afterwards. All entries automatically get the notification option on and have to be manually turned off.

notfred said:
The maps are not Google Maps, I believe the headunit is an LGE system running Windows, not sure who they use for their mapping provider.
The maps are exactly the same as what I have on my Windows Phone with HERE maps which Nokia recently sold to 3 European auto manufacturers. Not sure what OS they are actually using. I just wish it would update maps over WiFi and synchronize with Plugshare charging maps.

Back