UVO eServices app in Canada?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edtanas

Before I got my Soul EV,

I heard of the UVO eServices..was intrigued by all the features :

1. Vehicle Diagnostics: Diagnose whether problems exist within major vehicle features. If an abnormality exists, you can call Kia Roadside Assist or schedule a service appointment with any Kia Dealership directly from the vehicle or using the UVO app.
2. MyPOIs: Synchronize your POIs list from your MyUVO account with your vehicle’s navigation system.
3. Parking Minder: Save the location where the vehicle parked and navigate to it later, or send the location to a friend.
4. Roadside Assist: Contact Kia Roadside Assistance Program with just one click.
5. My Car Zone: Create records of when your vehicle is traveling faster than a set speed, starts driving later than a set time, or enters a set restrited area
6. Trip Info: Analytics of your monthly driving habits such as total time driving, total distance drving, average speed and average start time.
7. Dealer Appointments: Request service appointments at a dealership of your choosing.
8. Awards: Earn badges for using MyUVO's features

and I seem to recall it can read back SMS messages(not sure about that feature)

I was able to download the app for my iPhone but low and behold the services are not yet available in Canada...

I called Kia Canada and they said it is not available here as it is in the States and they have no date set on when it will be released...

My question is ..has anyone been able to hack or somehow use the American version of the UVO onto their Canadian models and get those features working??

you help is appreciated and thank you

I had also read about it and thought it would be great. I tried to create an account, and got an error message that the VIN was invalid. If it is tied to VIN, it is going to be pretty difficult to get around. I also did some searching, and found that Canadians have been waiting for UVO on their ICE Kias for at least the last 3 years ... so I don't think I'd hold much hope we'll see it :( ... I guess at every opportunity - be it survey or customer sat questions, all you can do is fail Kia Canada for not including that support in a vehicle that so naturally lends it self to it.

Do someone know if UVO is working with the satellite or with a sim card. If it is a sim card issue, we only need to find where it goes and put one, and i think it could communicate with the subscription webpage ??

It seems the service is hosted out of the US (and maybe there are additional hosts in Europe and Asia). You have to enter the VIN to activate the service ... and the Canadian VINs don't pass that part of the registration.

Back