Voice Commands Needed...

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesoundsmith

Unless I just can't find them, there are several Voice Commands that I would have thought to be obvious (they are on my Garmin GPS, FWIW.)

Volume up-down or percent, or volume mute - may assume not needed, it's on the wheel. But sometimes it is safer to talk and keep your thumbs where they are.

Brightness up/down or percent: Helpful at night.

Display Off. Saving power, but more to reduce distractions. Otherwise you need to take your eyes off the road to find Setup, then Display Off.

Also (sorry for the repeat) folder navigation: Folder(Level) Up/Down, then Folder Previous/Next - and if it could speak the names of the folders/stations/channels, even better. Convenience AND safety.

I have a 2015 model. In English the voice recognition setup tab is grayed out.
To test this feature you have to switch to Korean.
1. Switch language to Korean.
2. Turn on Voice Recognition from setup.
3. Press the Voice button on the steering wheel.
4. Say "Umak" - it is the Korean word for music. The stereo will start playing.
('Um' is pronounced using the English sound 'u' as in put or foot. 'ak' as the ack in back.
5. Switch back to English and wait for an updated English voice system to do all the other tasks you require.

I suggest you look carefully at all the icons, and page locations before switching.
So you know what buttons to press.

Back