Kia Soul EV Mood Lighting?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frugal1212

I recently purchased a Kia Soul EV+ in Northern California. I saw in the manual that there was something called "mood" lighting which I know the gas Kia has. Does it not come with the KIA Soul EV? Do any of you have it? Mood lighting has lights around all the car's speakers and they can change color as well...

Hmm...Interesting find in the manual. Doesn't seem to be an option on US models.

My daughter has the mood lighting in her 2013 Soul +. It seems to be a hit with the kids...

we have it on the one we picked up last night! lights around the speakers in front that can either stay on or pulse with the music. pretty cool.

We took ownership of our soul ev+ with mood lighting on Nov 21, 2015
It has three settings, off, music, and mood.
At first I thought they didn't work. In the music setting the lights appear to be off. Only when the volume of the music is very loud and the car is in the dark can the lights be seen, and then they are dim, definitely nothing to get excited about.

The mood setting is brighter but they are only visible when dark. In the daytime on a cloudy day I can't see them.

I used the +/- control to make them brighter but no luck. Is this normal? Are they bright and visible for others?

I have them as well. I've only noticed them when the dash changed to night mode. I've tried to cover the speakers during the day and could not see them. I also checked the battery usage with them off and on and I couldn't see I difference, so I just leave them on now. I think they aren't very bright so as not to be distracting while driving.

I Just got a 2016 EV+ - I think the +/- buttons are for changing the color? I did have a question though -- it seems as if there no sound coming from the speakers stacked on top of the air vents on the dash? Are there speakers in there for the EV version of the soul?

The speakers on top of the air vents are tweeters so will only have high pitched sounds and may not be easily heard. The main speakers are in the doors. The gas Soul has a subwoofer in the middle where the EV has charging lights.

Back