mattFromLA

Re: New software update installation (video)

Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:29 pm

Out of curiosity, what would happen if I took an upgraded SD Card out of another SoulEV and put it into mine. Would mine upgrade permanently, would the other car stop working? Do the cards need to be in at all times in order for the system to work?

dkqc

Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:10 pm

DarthNick wrote:
dkqc wrote:
Fansite wrote:If someone needs a version for Canada, you can download it here.

Has anyone else tried this? Can they confirm that Fansite's download on Google Drive will work?

I just learned about this upgrade a few days ago. I'm also in Canada, driving a 2015 +. Have you felt brave enough to try that download yet? I've only managed to find a link to instructions on installing the Canadian Software update. Maybe someone here on the forums had done the update and can share the file? Would LOVE access to Apple Carplay.

Hi DarthNick, Funny. I was just going to ask you if you had been brave enough. I haven't... If you look at ClayPete's post, it looks like it might have got AndroidAuto to work, but then messed up his maps in the Kia navigation system. This does not inspire confidence in me! Bye for now,
dkqc

JejuSoul

Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:55 pm

mattFromLA wrote:Out of curiosity, what would happen if I took an upgraded SD Card out of another SoulEV and put it into mine. Would mine upgrade permanently, would the other car stop working? Do the cards need to be in at all times in order for the system to work?

When you insert an SD Card with updated software the system will update.
System files are copied from the card to the car. 1.5GB
Map files are left on the SD Card. 8GB

If you take out the SD Card after the update, and do not insert another card you will still be running the updated software, but not have the map.

I did not check whether you can run Android Auto without a card inserted, or whether you can insert a second SD Card with an old map and have that work.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

Return to “General / Main Kia Soul EV Owners Forum”