JejuSoul

Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) firmware update

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:42 pm

-
I took my 2015 car in for 40,000km service yesterday.
Got an EPB upgrade.
The parking brake now automatically comes on when you turn off the car.
This feature is now the same as in the 2018 Soul EV and the I oniq Electric.

Edit - I changed the title from upgrade to firmware update to emphasize this is a software update.
Last edited by JejuSoul on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

SoulEV2016

Re: Parking Brake (EPB) Upgrade

Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:33 am

Not a good thing in cold climate ... :?
Kia Soul EV 2016 Ultimate 27 kWh - Mountain hard driving (fast). Drain 1/3 of Battery after 32km. - Unlimited highway speed (153km/h at regulator).

notfred

Re: Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) update

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:28 am

I've lived in Ottawa for 18 years, always used the parking brake on all my cars and never had a problem with it even on the coldest winter nights.

I think if you use it a lot then it keeps things moving and is fine. It's more if you haven't used it in a while and then go to use it that you will run in to problems. Automatically putting it on every time the car is powered off should help keep things moving.

SoulEV2016

Re: Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) update

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:46 am

:D and when you have a dead 12v battery, you have ... a second problem, too. :mrgreen:
but like the BMS update, perhaps it's only for WARM Soul EV product ? :idea:
Kia Soul EV 2016 Ultimate 27 kWh - Mountain hard driving (fast). Drain 1/3 of Battery after 32km. - Unlimited highway speed (153km/h at regulator).

JejuSoul

Re: Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) firmware update

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:07 am

-
An issue I've never seen before. Turned the car normally, tried to drive, car didn't move.
Saw this message -

I tried releasing the brake by touching the lever, nothing happened.
Issue went away when I turned off the car and then restarted.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

mysoulev

Re: Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) firmware update

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 am

this firmware update is probably to address a problem i have experienced.

my garage is not perfectly level, it has happened to me 3 - 4 times over the last 2.5 years that after i shifted to P, turned car off, as i was stepping out of the car, i noticed the car was inching forward. i had to turn the car on, shift out of P and P again, then i heard the click sound that lock the transmission when i release the brake pedal.

now i look for that click sound every time i park, i seldom use the parking brake.
Andy - SoulEV
"But in our enthusiasm, we could not resist a radical overhaul of the system, in which all of its major weaknesses have been exposed, analyzed, and replaced with new weaknesses." BL - Register Allocation in Optimizing Compilers

Return to “Technical Discussions”