Auto Door Locking

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edzee3

Supporting Member
Finally figured out a peculiar event, with the help of Kia Cutomer Service..
If you garage the car, walk away from your Soul EV leaving it unlocked, it may not stay unlocked.
If you hit the Unlock button on your Smart Key, accidently (or not), 30-sec. later, all doors will lock.

This is actually my preferred behavior. OUr ICE car does this, and I am used to it. But if your Smartkey is on the car when it locks, can't you just touch the door handle (so it only appears to be locked...)

Our previous Kia Rio would do that as well, it was very annoying. I would unlock the car from our third floor condo to grab something and by the time I got to the car it was locked and the keys would be back upstairs.

ourmuskokalife said:
I would unlock the car from our third floor condo to grab something and by the time I got to the car it was locked and the keys would be back upstairs.
WE RELIED on this behavoir for our ICE car - but there are two steps and twenty feet to the car. My suggestion - MOVE! :D

(but I avoid ALL exercise when possible, and 3rd floors sans elevators are not in my vocabulary...)

Back