Canadian charging stations

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

How well does the soul ev locate charging stations in Canada? Is this part of the Sirius Xm subscription or other? What does this cost?

Thanks,

As far as I know it is part of the navigation system like my Leaf and other EVs.
Most EV owners that I know just use the Plugshare smartphone App. Great location, status of chargers and location pics

The Canadian EV Nav only seems to have Chargepoint stations in it. Most dealer charging stations are in it too, but most of the free plugshare non-dealer stations don't seem to be there ... in the GTA area, it didn't have the Vaughn DC charger, the charger down at Exhibition place nor any of the 3 free chargers in Aurora (2 municipal and one conservation area charger).

I'm hoping to take some time to look at the SD card to see if I can reverse engineer the files and add plugshare chargers ... but that won't be until after tax-time :)

I doubt they are provide by XM, more like the static GPS data. Updating the expensive GPS SD card should in theory give you better public EV station coverage.

They are not that updated, so I'd still use plugshare as the best source for public EVSE.

Back