Car won't start :cry:

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now up to 13.0v and 59%. Seems like progress is slow but improving. Sounds like it might need that high amp “power charge” mentioned earlier in the thread (which my charging unit can’t do).

Might have to take it into the dealer or somewhere with a high amp charger. At least it seems to be out of the zone where we can get stranded.

Will update further in a few days when I figure out what to do.

Well it was my turn today. Car worked fine last night, charged over night and unlocked when my wife went to use it this afternoon but that was it. Battery was down to 9V so I just went and replaced it.

With it only needing to connect the main relay before it runs the DC/DC converter to power everything then we don't get to hear it cranking slowly or see the headlights dimming when the battery is getting weak.

I wonder if it is just the battery that they put in at the factory, or if it is something to do with the way it charges that is causing all these dead batteries? Mine was 3 years 4 months old and I have 53k km on the car. I've never had another car battery die so quickly.

Back