Chime on Door Lock will not shut up

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesoundsmith

The Checkbox to turn off the door lock sound seems to do nothing. Only a minor point, but still frustrating. I would prefer to not advertise that I am unlocking my car. Ideas?

My car makes no noise upon unlocking. Is there a chance your dealer included an aftermarket alarm system with the car that's chirping on lock/unlock?

I have a 2015 model without chime.
Am curious: how loud is this chime?, and what speaker does it come from?
It is an upgrade I don't mind missing out on.

Are you talking about the chime upon starting up or shutting off the car?

There is no way to disable that noise and the manual is in error. This goes for the 2015s as well.

You said a noise on "unlock" and I took that to mean the car was making a noise while you were outside of the locked car pushing the unlock button on the key fob. Could you clarify?

I'm not talking about the startup chimes, those are not an issue.

When I lock or unlock the car, by pressing the buttons on my Smartkey, there is a chime with each button push. I have it set for one push unlocks only the driver's door, 2 for the whole car.

In User Settings, there is an option pg 4-44 of the manual: Horn Feedback. Checking it OFF is supposed to stop the horn from announcing that I am entering the car. And it does not work.

thesoundsmith said:
I'm not talking about the startup chimes, those are not an issue.

When I lock or unlock the car, by pressing the buttons on my Smartkey, there is a chime with each button push. I have it set for one push unlocks only the driver's door, 2 for the whole car.

In User Settings, there is an option pg 4-44 of the manual: Horn Feedback. Checking it OFF is supposed to stop the horn from announcing that I am entering the car. And it does not work.

I think what that setting refers to is when you *double click* the lock button the car will actually sound the horn, not the chime. One click gets you an electronic beep, two gets you HONK. I think that setting option is to disable the subsequent honk after locking.

Back