Disable Charging Lights?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmaluo

I'd like to be able to charge discretely, so I was wondering if there's a way disable the three charging lights. Is there a fuse or wire that can be pulled?

wrickcook said:
I would try some vinyl tape, like electrical tape in a discrete color. Use a razor to cut the shape after you apply.

Yeah I think that's my only option. Thank you.

You could just place a frizbee over the round section of the dash where the charging lights flash.

-- Hey!.. KIA could market a Hamster Frizbee/EV charging light cover.

:p

AyeJay said:
You could just place a frizbee over the round section of the dash where the charging lights flash.

-- Hey!.. KIA could market a Hamster Frizbee/EV charging light cover.

:p

Ha ha, you're right! A Frisbee would fit on there perfect. Maybe I'll find a gray one to match my interior.

I do understand the need for them, to let others know if it would be OK to unplug you car if completed, just wish they were smaller or at least incorporated into a base speaker.

Ford added a software option to disable the charging lights on my 2013 Ford Focus Electric in 2014. Maybe Kia will do the same.

And while people might not notice lights blinking with a frisbee covering them, I would thnk the big thick cable sticking out of the hood would kinda give it away... :)

My thing about these lights was that they scream into the night. They could be easily tied to ambient light sensor and self-adjust. But I guess that would be too much for Kia to consider...

Back