Just picked up a 2016 Soul EV

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarthNick said:
ourmuskokalife said:
Did you get a rebate from the Dealership for your Charging Station? They didn't mention it to us but noticed a posting about it and phoned to asked. It was for a free 16amp station, we ended up upgrading to the 30amp for $324 including tax and shipping.

We did not. My dad (I'm not the actual owner, but I drive furthest to work so I get to drive the Soul, yay me!) had called Bosch about the two options, but he was told it was either the free 16 amp or the 30 amp would cost something like over $500 with tax and shipping (I'll double check). Curious at to why yours worked out to $324 with tax and shipping, that's definitely much less than we were told.

24-Aug-2015 BOSCH AUTOMOTIVE SERVI
MISSISSAUGA ON
Debit
$324.55
That was the difference in the unit and the cost of shipping.

ourmuskokalife said:
24-Aug-2015 BOSCH AUTOMOTIVE SERVI
MISSISSAUGA ON
Debit
$324.55
That was the difference in the unit and the cost of shipping.

The person my dad spoke to said we'd only get $100 off the more expensive unit. My dad was very confused as to why it wasn't just the difference between the units. Glad to see all Bosch reps are on the same page about this... :?

fanbanlo said:
The 16A ain't bad, if you're not planning to charge mid-day for more juice, and you usually sleep for at least 6 hours, it's good enough.

I'm pretty glad we went for the 40A, as there will be (and have already been) times I want a quick charge for me to go out and about after a day at work (no charging available at work).

cool, I guess we Vancouverites don't really drive all the far.

I charge to 80% overnight everyday (or even every other day) and that's enough for me.

Actually, I only did the 16,000km/yr lease, and I'm a bit over right now 'cause it's such a joy to drive this silent little EV.

DarthNick said:
We did not. My dad (I'm not the actual owner, but I drive furthest to work so I get to drive the Soul, yay me!) had called Bosch about the two options, but he was told it was either the free 16 amp or the 30 amp would cost something like over $500 with tax and shipping (I'll double check). Curious at to why yours worked out to $324 with tax and shipping, that's definitely much less than we were told.

Just give them your VIN number over the phone.

fanbanlo said:

I charge to 80% overnight everyday (or even every other day) and that's enough for me.

Actually, I only did the 16,000km/yr lease, and I'm a bit over right now 'cause it's such a joy to drive this silent little EV.

We do the same (every night), but I don't always know if I'll need the car the next night in advanced, my friends seem to only make plans a few hours in advanced, not a few days.

With the free Bosch charger did you have to pay shipping and taxes?

Yes, I still needed to pay for shipping and tax, a hundred something, then installation was $275 by a local electrician.

DarthNick said:
fanbanlo said:

We do the same (every night), but I don't always know if I'll need the car the next night in advanced, my friends seem to only make plans a few hours in advanced, not a few days.

With the free Bosch charger did you have to pay shipping and taxes?

I just received the invoice from Bosch, I was given a credit of $478.20 from the voucher from Kia.

Same for me - you get a credit of $478 which covers the cost of the basic 16A charger, which shocker they are out of stock (with no "instock date) so paying extra you get the 18 ft 30A model for $325 Cdn out of pocket incl upgrade, taxes, shipping. But current problem for Ontario owners to take note, these three chargers are not on the list as being eligible for the government 50% reimbursement program - one knockout factor is they are not from a Canadian source and do not ship from Canada. Not only do you not get the 50% reimbursement for charger costs, you can't claim 50% on the installation for a charger that is not on their list. Bosch when informed of this were not aware and are investigating - might be sorted later, but likely not if you are in the market in the near term.

Back